X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow citifinacial thumbs down

Date July 29,2009
    Amount $4,287.35

Past due: 16days (due date July 13th, 2007)

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Your account is seriously deliquent (really? 16 days is seriously deliquent?!?) and you have not taken any action to remedy the situation despite all of our attempts to get you to do so. (NOT true, I told them I would make both payments for next month, as a lie of course to hold them off) As you the date of this letter, 166.61 is past due on your account. (<----that sentence is hard to understand because I think it's suppost to say "OF" and not YOU?)

Thus, unless you contact us within ten (10) days of the date of this letter to make firm payment arrangements on your loan, we will be left with no recourse other than to proceed with legal action against you.

Legan action can be unpleasant and costly. It can also make it difficult for you to obtain credit in the future.

Please take this last opportunity to contact us immediately.

Sincerely,
    XXXXXXX
    Brand Manager

This is an attempt to collect a debt and information obtained will be used for that purpose.

If an attorney represents you (I'll show this to my attorney), please refer this letter to such attorney and provide us with the attorney's name, address, and telephone number.

To the extent you (yeah, it you read that right, YOU) obligations have been discharged, or are subject to an automatic stay under the United States Bankruptcy Code, this notice is for compliance and informational purposes only. This notice in either case is not a demand for payment or an attempt to collect a debt.

WAIT, hold up, how can this be an attempt to collect debt and also not on at the same time when the letter clearly states it's an attempt to collect in the first sentence AFTER the brand managers signature?

I'm LOLing inside, because I guess they don't know as of yet that I'm filing CH7 near the end of August/Begining of Sept

What legal recourse can be done within a month? Should I even bother contacting them? I'm showing this to my lawyer first thing Monday. They called me within days of being late and offered me a settlement by extending my loan out 60months (i'm currently only have 41months left) at the same 28.99% rate (yeah right) to reduce my payments to $132 vs. $159/month. BUT I told the representative that it was a bad idea since I'll be paying about $1400 more in interest alone in the end, wow what a nice settlement

History of this personal loan. It originally started out as secured at 37% for $2,500 as I was buying my first car and I didn't have any credit history and was left to fend for myself after 18. I've been refinancing it unsecured multiple times (and also get extra cash) to a final interest rate of 28.99%. This is the best they could do for a guy with an EQ of about 695.
    Last edited by bxphae; 07-31-2009, 03:10 PM.
    Filed 09/18/2009
    341 10/16/2009
    Last day to object 12/15/2009

Don't contact them just give it to your lawyer. You'd think they could at least write a proper letter. LOL
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Sounds to me that the form letter was written by a high school trainee, or they are in panic mode. I would ignore it at this time. No law suit in 30 days. They must also give a proper demand letter before any suit. That was not. Be cool on this one. Just a tinkling cymbal. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

no doubt, what is a brand manager? Don't they mean BRANCH manager?
        Filed 09/18/2009
        341 10/16/2009

Comment

Its a form letter meant to scare you into paying. No way they'd sue before the 180 days I don't think. So basically continue your plan, save the letter and put it with the materials you are saving for your case.
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

you'll be filing for bk way before they have a chance to do anything. even if they start a lawsuit right away it will take several weeks. but see what your lawyer says. he could save them some legal fees if he tells them you are about to file...
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09
            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

What this a credit card or a loan?

Comment

Due date should be 2009, not 2007. My typo, I'm not too affraid because it is my understanding that any type of judgement could take up to 3+months. I just found it odd that I'm not even 30days past due and I'm getting this type of letter. This is my first letter of this type though, so I just didn't expect this type of letter.
                Filed 09/18/2009
                341 10/16/2009

Comment

Don't worry since you are filing soon, they can't do much before then anyway. Seems they should hire someone who can spell and proof reads before they mail out this "informational" letters.
                  Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Copy the letter, with corrected grammar, then send it back with a big red F circled on it....

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
                      Copy the letter, with corrected grammar, then send it back with a big red F circled on it....
                      LOLOLOLOL!!

I am almost three years out on all of my debt and not a peep, though I have a mountain of voice mail messages.

11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

I sent this letter and never heard a word since:

February 27, 2009

AllianceOne
                        4850 Street Rd., Suite 300
                        Trevose, PA 19053

Re: Account Number

This is in response to your correspondence dated February 6, 2009 regarding the above referenced account.

Your demand for payment in the amount of $19,124.97 is disputed and I hereby request that you provide the following:

- A detailed accounting of how the amount claimed was determined.

- A copy of each and every charge that validates the amount claimed to include the signature of the person initiating the charge.

Upon receipt of this data, I will investigate and advise you accordingly. Additionally, I hereby request that you do not call my home, place of work or mobile cell phone and that any and all communications regarding this matter be conducted in writing.

Thank you.
                        Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

wow excellent job! But this is a small branch and they know me by first name when I used to walk in there every so often to pay my bill when I forgot to use eCheck, so I don't think that would work.

They are, however, still calling daily even though the letter above clearly states ME to call THEM when I am ready to remedity this situation.

I got a new letter in the mail today

Date: 07/31/09
                          Re: Acct #XXXXXX
                          Account Balance $4,290.65

Dear XXXXXXX:

Please let us hear from you.

We have been trying to contact you for payment arrangements as your monthly payment is past due.

We may be able to offer you some additional breathing room by rescheduling your account. You may even qualify for additional cash. Call us today at the number listed above.

If you are not interested in this option, it is necessary for you to sent (yes, SENT) the full amount due of $166.61 to reach our office by Aug 7, 2009 or call us to make other arrangements. (This last sentence is worded weird isn't it?)

Sincerely,

XXX
                          Filed 09/18/2009
                          341 10/16/2009

Comment

LOL!!! Their grammar sucks! I would do as the other poster said and circle all the errors in red and put a big 'ole fat F at the top

It's hard to take a person and/or company seriously with this type of letter
                            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Dh had a personal loan with Citifinancial to the tune of $6500. Like yours his was also secure to start & then eventually unsecured. Anyway, we stopped paying on it last summer & have not heard much at all from them. Ofcourse now we've included them in our BK so we wont be hearing anything from them at all. But just wanted you to know that they were not quick at all to file anything against him.
                              Filed 8/2009
                              Discharged & Closed 11/2009
                              Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X