Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just retained attorney

Im looking at about oct 4 to file.

1.There was a few things I would like advice on. I used my cc july 3 to buy tires for my car. I told them I would try to make good faith payments but they said if you do this other creditors might object. So pretty much they said don't pay that bill at all and we will wait 90 days to file. And it is possible they could object( i knew this already). Think I should pay to show good faith?

2. I asked about reaffirming the mortgage and they said I have to include it in BK. I asked about if I had to call for the agreement they said no the company would said automatically. If they didnt but the time it was close to discharge they would call. Anyone think I should just do this work myself?

3. I told them I was going to give up one car in bankrupty. Im suppose to make a payment for august on the 7th. I don't want to get repossesed before I can included it bk. Like I said I will file oct 4. Think its possible to hold them off about 60 days before I file so they don't reposses? I can possibly pay this month and I know they will not reposess before I file. I was also thinking maybe renting a storage container and trying to hide the car in there? Any ideas?

What do I do if the repo comes to my door? like to their face and tell them I don't have or say Im not giving it up till bk?

Thanks

on the tires, i would pay some just don't pay more than $600 in the three months before filing.

on the repo, i think renting a storage container isn't worth the money; find a friend you can park your car with or park it somewhere far away from your home so they can't find it. (this assumes you don't have a garage; if you have a garage, just lock it in the garage door and they can't repo).

if the repo person comes to your door and you don't want to tell them where your car is, don't answer the door. let them knock and knock. they'll eventually go away.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
      on the tires, i would pay some just don't pay more than $600 in the three months before filing.

on the repo, i think renting a storage container isn't worth the money; find a friend you can park your car with or park it somewhere far away from your home so they can't find it. (this assumes you don't have a garage; if you have a garage, just lock it in the garage door and they can't repo).

if the repo person comes to your door and you don't want to tell them where your car is, don't answer the door. let them knock and knock. they'll eventually go away.
      I have a garage but I thought that it was to close....Maybe leave it at the airport parking lot?

Comment

from what i understand, if the car is in your garage and the garage door is locked, the repo guy is not allowed to break the lock - it would be a crime. and you are under no obligation to tell the repo person where the car is; if he finds it, he finds it, if not then not. keeping it in your garage, locked (make sure it's locked!) is probably the safest place.

at the airport parking lot you'd probably have to pay an arm and a leg to leave it there overnight, or risk it being reported to the police as abandoned.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X