Credit Report Acct #s Don't Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report Acct #s Don't Match

I filed emergency pro se, am working on schedule F, and am finding that some account numbers on my credit reports aren't the same as my billing statements, especially with American Express. Since I've found one acct. so far missing from all 3 credit reports, and addresses in there that aren't mine, it gets even more confusing.

Should I stick with my known acct. numbers and ignore the ones on the credit reports? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, is it important to show the creditor's exact legal name? (like Discover, Discover Bank, Discover Financial Services LLc)

American Express used a different account number on my latest credit report. I just used the old one (from my statements) in my schedule F. The amounts were the same. Must be some internal administrative procedure that AMEX uses.

As for the names, I just used what was on the credit reports, and they in most part were abbreviated. So I wouldn't worry too much.

I filed pro se, so the usual disclaimers apply.

Comment

I have seen a few successfully discharged cases in PACER where some account numbers were not even given.

I am guessing that what matters is ALL your potential creditors are notified by the court clerk of your name, address, SSN, and case number. That should be driven off your creditor mailing matrix, I suppose.

Anyone have more info???
      I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
      10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
      10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
      10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
      11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
      01/16/06: Last day to file objections
      01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

List the current account number that you have along with "the send correspondance" address to. YOu get this info from your recent statements. The main reason to get a credit report is to make sure that you haven't forgotten a creditor, etc. Yes, show the creditors correct name (whomever you write your check to).
        I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X