341 Meeting Scheduled... With a twist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Scheduled... With a twist!

So, I got on Pacer this morning to check and see if my 341 meeting time was posted yet. It was, scheduled for 11:00 on 9/2/2009. Great!

I go to my local courts docket to view how many folks are going to be at the 341 and I was stunned.

My next door neighbor filed the day before us (I didn't know until now) and their 341 is the same time as ours. We're not really close to them but are cordial... DW and I are planning to talk to them the next time we see them in yard about it. I'd hate to show up at the meeting and them not realize we're filing as well, that could be uncomfortable.

I am really glad that they are filing though. She's been suffering from breast cancer for several years now and know it has taken it's toll on them. I hope they are finding the relief that we are.
    07/31/2009 - Filed Chapter 7 Western District NC
    09/02/2009 - 341 Meeting - DONE!
    11/02/2009 - Final date for objections
    11/09/2009 - Discharged & Closed!!!

Wow, it's a small world

I think it's a good idea to speak to them first so there are no surprises at your 341.

Good Luck!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

It is a small world. I would definitely speak to the neighbor beforehand so they don't feel uncomfortable at the 341. Who knows, you might find support from each other. Good luck.
      Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
      341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
      Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Maybe you all could ride together.
        6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
        10/06/2009 Discharged
        01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

DW mentioned that.

She also thought maybe we could go grab some lunch afterwards... That is if either of us have any money.

Comment

Souns like a good plan to talk before hand. would be nice for you to find someone to go through it with.

I've kind of found that here with hamburgervol (above). We live in the same area and are using the same attorney so its been nice having someone to compare notes & share with since noone IRL but my mom & my boss know.
            07/10/09 Filed Chapter 7
            08/10/09 341
            10/16/09 Discharged
            02/01/10 Closed

Comment

yeah, have a carpool! use the money you save on gas for lunch...

but first: make sure it's really your neighbor. many people have similar names. check their filings for their address to verify it's them.
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                yeah, have a carpool! use the money you save on gas for lunch...

but first: make sure it's really your neighbor. many people have similar names. check their filings for their address to verify it's them.
                I did check to see if it was them... They have a not so common last name, that caught my eye, so I pulled up there case on Pacer. I just looked at at it enough to verify the address... I felt bad looking into it further... I don't really want to know their financial details.

Comment

Somehow comforting too I imagine. Snooping on Pacer I found family and a few friends who had filed. I don't know why that comforted me, but it did. So I think it's wise to bring up the fact you are going to be in your 341 together. I wouldn't want that shock if it had been on the day of our 341, so give them a heads up
                  Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

It is a small world. It may give both of you comfort if you talk to them beforehand. Like justplaintired I looked on Pacer and found that 3 of my family members have filed. Somehow it may me feel not so alone.
                    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

How do you search Pacer and find out who else will be in the same meeting? I've done a few queries, but still can't quite figure it out. I don't want to screw around and rack up huge charges.

Comment

Originally posted by wildebeast View Post
                        How do you search Pacer and find out who else will be in the same meeting? I've done a few queries, but still can't quite figure it out. I don't want to screw around and rack up huge charges.
                        i don't think you can. the OP went to his own court's website which had a list. not all courts have such a list.
                        filed ch7 May 09
                        341 june 09
                        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                          i don't think you can. the OP went to his own court's website which had a list. not all courts have such a list.
                          That is exactly right. I'm in Western District of NC and they publish their calendars on their site. That is not done through Pacer.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeasajoke View Post
                            That is exactly right. I'm in Western District of NC and they publish their calendars on their site. That is not done through Pacer.
                            You know what would be fun is...

When they are being questioned, say something along the lines of, "What about that new boat you got?" or "I thought you said your grandma had left you a bunch of money".

Just kidding. Might be good to talk to them so they don't do it to you, haha.
                            9/30/09 * Filed Ch7
                            11/9/09 * 341 - Uneventful
                            1/11/10 * Closed

Comment

It is not uncommon to find folks that have filed bankruptcy that you know, indeed most everyone should by the numbers know at least 1 other person that has filed bankruptcy.

I found several at church that had , they became a little support group of sorts
                              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X