341 tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow!

341 tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 p.m. Check our trustee's calendar for tomorrow and there are 85 cases on from 1 to 3. We are of course, no. 83. On the docket it says (no aty) representing UST. I hope that means no one is showing up. I think that figures about 3 minutes per case in that 3 hour time span. Wow!

I am nervous but hope all will run smoothly.
    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
    Discharged: 11/30/2009
    Closed: 12/16/2009

341 Meeting

You might find that you are going to be moved further up the que so when you arrive be sure to check the printed sheets in the waiting room that state the order of meetings. I found in my 341 that because people were late or didn't show at all that the order was being shifted around. In fact one assistant came over to me and asked my name and I was moved several people ahead just because I was there and ready to do it.

Comment

I also noticed that certain attorneys were allowed to have their clients go first because of other circumstances(probably other cases in the court house?). This was probably arranged prior to the 341 with the attorneys and the trustee. I have no idea though, just guessing.
      6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
      10/06/2009 Discharged
      01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

Sending Good Vibes for a Smooth 341 hearing tomorrow!

Luci

Comment

Ours went really quick. The UST had about 80 cases between 9 and 4. 10 minutes max per case. It was very simple and very anticlimactic...she was also nice but had some pointed questions about where our business's assets were. It kept the questions off our personal stuff which made me happy. She was friends with a few attorneys as she yacked it up with each of them after each case went by.
          What I did notice was that she had chosen one area to dig into with each case...kind of like here's her 10 minutes to find some assets and she's just shooting in the dark. There's just not enough resources for them to explore your case very far beforehand. One lady got chewed out for trading her car for a tattoo instead of selling it to pay debt. Another couple had been chap 7 about a year prior so they got chewed out for having bought new quads and dirt bikes on credit...after obviously knowing better. Shoot, I've been chewed out by my parents way worse than how she treated them. We didn't get chewed out.

So don't stress...2 minutes...shoot there aint time to barley get you sworn in before you have to walk out.

Only one creditor showed up during the 2 hours we waited...it was a local loan on a car so it was easy for them to show up and oddly enough she just stated who she was and walked out. The UST was like "ok, noted"

My wife and I got a bagel and coffee after and were like....what just happened? Are we done? Was that it? LOL!

Comment

Thanks for the input! My attorney says he hasn't had any communication from UST's office, so I guess that's a good sign.

I'll post after we're done tomorrow night. I'm just shocked that there are going to be 85 people going through there in a 3 hour time span. I knew there was a big increase in filings in So. Cal, but that's outrageous.

Comment

Good luck on your meeting tomorrow !!
              Filed on 7-17-09
              waiting for 341
              341 meeting 8-21-09
              discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Just make sure you have your DLs and SS cards, and anything else you may have been told to bring. Leave plenty early so that you can avoid traffic problems and find parking. And find the place if you don't already know where it is. 'Hub and I were about an hour early.

Dress conservatively and leave jewelry except for wedding rings at home. Also most likely you will not be allowed to bring cell phones in so plan to leave them in the car.

Tonight, just try not to stress and have a nice relaxing meal, perhaps a glass of wine, and go to bed.

Good luck to you!
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks very much. We'll do pre-hearing phone conference with attorney and then a glass of wine. He said don't worry about anything else except for DL and SS, and of course, leave the rolex at home! LOL!!! No rolex to wear here.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                    Just make sure you have your DLs and SS cards, and anything else you may have been told to bring. Leave plenty early so that you can avoid traffic problems and find parking. And find the place if you don't already know where it is. 'Hub and I were about an hour early.

Dress conservatively and leave jewelry except for wedding rings at home. Also most likely you will not be allowed to bring cell phones in so plan to leave them in the car.

Tonight, just try not to stress and have a nice relaxing meal, perhaps a glass of wine, and go to bed.

Good luck to you!
                    Funny thing, at my 341 my attorney gave the trustee photo copies of our DL and SS, which they accepted. I had mine out and ready.
                    6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                    10/06/2009 Discharged
                    01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

it will go just fine, don't stress at all.

if you and your atty are there early, and the trustee happens to be running ahead of time (though sounds like that's quite unlikely with 83 people), you might get called early. in my case, i was supposed to go at 10am and i was last on the 10am list, but i was there at 9:30 and my atty at 9:40, we got called at 9:40, done at 9:45, she just said to wait 'til 10am in case a creditor showed up. so we did, no creditor showed up (YAY!! i was scared of one...) and then i left as fast as humanly possible thinking that if that creditor gets there a little late and i am still there, i might get called back. somebody else's creditor did show up, they had to redo their whole thing, but i didn't stay long enough to watch.
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09
                      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Thanks. It's funny the things your mind thinks up.

Our attorney is gettting there an hour or so early since he has never been before this trustee, just to see his style, etc. and then will talk to us again before we go in.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X