What am I to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I to do?

I would call my atty to let him know that the veh has not been picked up. I would ask if I could return the veh to a destination of the lenders choosing. Good luck!
    Down but not out!! filed c7 august 2011...341 september 2011... Unsecured debt over $100k.....bk attorney $1200.......bkforum.com Priceless!!!!!

Comment

I'm confused. Did you get the refinancing after you were discharged?

Comment

I refinanced the car back in November of 2005, so I have been paying on the loan for a few years.

Comment

What is the value of the car. The lender may not be interested in picking it up at all.

Comment

Hey, why not buy the tag, it is already insured and use the free car. When they pick it up, if at all, you are out the cost of the tag. Drop the insurance then. Every payment you do not make, is a month of free car. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Well I did a KBB on the cars value and it look like it is about $1,500.00, I still owe close to $8,500.00 on the loan. As for the tag they are the property of the state so you can't purchase them, so at some point I will have to turn them in to the DMV.

Comment

My guess is your lender isn't going to come get the vehicle. So I would just drive it. Call them and ask them when they want to pick it up.

I called my lender with a van we were surrendering worth about $3,000 only to find out that they don't want it and are not going to pick it up. I even offered to drop it off somewhere.

So I plated it and am driving it as our second car.

Comment

So, what you are saying is that because the vaule of the car is so low they doin't want it. that nice and all but because if they dont want it what can I do if I wont to sell it, what should I do with money that I get for it, keep it or send to the finance company?

Comment

Originally posted by Calthius View Post
                    My guess is your lender isn't going to come get the vehicle. So I would just drive it. Call them and ask them when they want to pick it up.

I called my lender with a van we were surrendering worth about $3,000 only to find out that they don't want it and are not going to pick it up. I even offered to drop it off somewhere.

So I plated it and am driving it as our second car.
                    Wow! When was the last time you made a payment on the van?

Comment

The last time I made a payment was april 5, 2009. Now here it is August and the car is still in my car port. So at this point i don't know whats going to happen.

Comment

So what happens if the bank does not want to vehicle back? I mean you cant sell it unless you have the title? can you trade it in for whatever a dealer gives you? will they be able to get the title? I see alot of folks saying the bank says it isnt worth it for them to come pick it up but Im confused about what happens next?
                        I am surrendering a vehicle that is a 1999 SUV,when I got the loan for the vehicle the CU had different policies..since then they have changed to where they wont deal with any vehicle older than 2004 and I have a feeling they wont come get mine. the SUV is in OK shape but has high mileage and I wont be able to drive it forever...but if I dont have the title or am unable to get the title Ill be stuck with a big hunk of metal and I dont want that to happen.
                        07/31/09 Filed Chapter 7
                        09/11/09 341 Meeting{341 complete. that was easy!}
                        waiting for discharge

Comment

Well, I would simply call them and ask for the title. Why should they refuse to give it to you?

They don't want the car and the loan was discharged...so what are they doing with the title without the car? A car they don't want?

I would give it a try...
                          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

If you honestly do Not want the vehicle. Get you a tablet or binder. Then I would find a free (1-800, 1-866, etc.) phone number for the loan company and speak to the Bankruptcy Dept. and tell them to come get the vehicle.

Next day comes around and vehicle is still in your driveway. Call them. I would call them and make notations of date, time, person you spoke to every day until they picked it up. Be like an ole hound dog and bug em every day.

Now if you want to keep the vehicle, you might call and try negotiating with them for the title of the vehicle. You gotta do something as you don't want to keep paying insurance on it.

I know. We had a motorhome and we voluntarily surrendered it last Nov. Not only could we not afford the motorhome payments, but we couldn't afford the insurance. I had to call them 4 days in a row and they finally came & got it. I had all the keys & left all the paperwork concerning the refrigerator,compressor..everything about the motorhome in a cabinet. Just as soon as the guy drove off with it, I called and cancelled the insurance.

They sold it at an auction.We received a notice of the location & date of the auction. Couple of days later, We received a letter stating the defeciency owed. This was in Dec.

It was just last month before we heard from again. I told her I usually don't return creditor's phone calls as I had a NCO lady who was downright rude to me. All the lady wanted was our Attorney's info. She told me she was sorry we had to give it up and she understood our financial situation and wished us a smooth Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. The company was Bank of The West.

Comment

Well the title is not a big problem because I can go to DMV and get a new copy but because they are named as the lien holder it would be harder to sell the car and because they would want to see a clean title before taking position of the car. I told my lawyer and the bank that I would sale the car. I guess that I could sell the car and send them the money to the bank and what’s left over would be discharged. But hey, why should I have to do all that damn foot work?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X