Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to the board, filed chapter 7 last week

Hi all,

I am new to the board and am thrilled to have found it. I filed chapter 7 last week, and my 341 hearing is the first week of Sept. I am going through a roller coaster of emotions right now and am glad to have found a community of those going through similar experiences.

I was laid off in January and had a high income (and along with that high credit card debt). I moved to a state with a lower cost of living and am going back to graduate school in the fall. I will be posting questions from time to time and I am definitely doing a lot of reading on this board. This board is awesome!

Just wanted to say hello....
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
    This board is awesome!

And just chock full of information. Welcome.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Welcome 'newbie' "Backtoschool". You are among those who will help you in many ways. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi all,

I am new to the board and am thrilled to have found it. I filed chapter 7 last week, and my 341 hearing is the first week of Sept. I am going through a roller coaster of emotions right now and am glad to have found a community of those going through similar experiences.

I was laid off in January and had a high income (and along with that high credit card debt). I moved to a state with a lower cost of living and am going back to graduate school in the fall. I will be posting questions from time to time and I am definitely doing a lot of reading on this board. This board is awesome!

I am also going back to grad school this fall. Are you funded? That's the main reason why I'm going. I can't find a job, but I'm being paid to go to school...I'll take it!

Comment

You are friends here. Welcome.
          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
          Discharged: 11/30/2009
          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by bkmaggster View Post
            I am also going back to grad school this fall. Are you funded? That's the main reason why I'm going. I can't find a job, but I'm being paid to go to school...I'll take it!
            hi bkmaggster,

Yes, I am being funded by the school on a fellowship, and getting additional funding from the state because I am unemployed. I already have a bachelors and a graduate degree from my first time in school, so I am going for a masters in public administration this time. (I worked for ten years with wall street as a technologist, and will NEVER go back to that world, bleh....)

I am looking forward to going back to school. Seems like a good way to ride out the recession (burying my head in a book, lol)
            Last edited by backtoschool; 08-10-2009, 10:22 AM.

Comment

hi bkmaggster,

Yes, I am being funded by the school on a fellowship, and getting additional funding from the state because I am unemployed. I already have a bachelors and a graduate degree from my first time in school, so I am going for a masters in public administration this time. (I worked for ten years with wall street as a technologist, and will NEVER go back to that world, bleh....

I am looking forward to going back to school. Seems like a good way to ride out the recession (burying my head in a book, lol)
              Hooray for funding! I also have a grad degree already (in a field that has been decimated by the recession.) I'm going to wait and see how quickly the economy improves to decide on another masters or a PhD.

Welcome to the board!

Comment

Originally posted by bkmaggster View Post
                Hooray for funding! I also have a grad degree already (in a field that has been decimated by the recession.) I'm going to wait and see how quickly the economy improves to decide on another masters or a PhD.

Welcome to the board!
                Thanks bkmaggster! It's great to find a board with others in my situation. I might go for a ph.d after I get my masters, who knows.... I am starting with a masters though.

Great to "meet" you!

Comment

Hi all,

Welcome to the forum!! A lot of folks on the forum have learned to take their emotions out of BK. It's a business decision and shouldn't be an emotional decision. Good luck and you're in the right place.
                  6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                  10/06/2009 Discharged
                  01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X