Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you say 5 min 341, what time frame are you talking about

Ours is 9am thursday.

Everyone says it goes quick, so if I have the same experience, could I tell my teacher that I'll be to class at about 10 or 10:30am?

What time was yours and what time were you in your vehicles driving off?

Mine was scheduled for 2pm and I was the last person there at 3:30. Once I was up, it took about 10 minutes.

Comment

it depends on the order in which you are called. they list people either in half-hour increments or 1-hour increments. you are very likely to be done by 10am however, you never know - there might be someone else there with trouble whose meeting could take longer and delay things.

for me, they called me early because my atty and i were already there, so we were really done 15 minutes before the actual scheduled time but then had to wait for the actual scheduled time in case any creditors showed up. they called the case again right at the scheduled time, no creditors showed up, and one minute later i was out the door.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Schedule appropriate time, like till noon. Don't jeopardize your job. If you go in early, it is better than a hold up in time and you go in late. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

You *might* be able to say that you will be in after lunch--depending on when your lunch hour is. But if I were you, I would just not plan to go in that day. You never know if the group in the previous hour is running late or what.

When 'Hub and I went for our 341, we got there an hour early, just to make sure we were there on time, and did not have traffic issues. So we lingered in the room while everyone was on the lunch break. Our group was slated to start at 1:30 PM. The trustee and assistant arrived on time, but by the time they set up, we were running about 20 minutes or so late.

We were the fifth couple, and our session was fairly short and uneventful, probably the proverbial 'five minute' session. After it was over, we had a short meeting with our lawyer's stand-in, who counseled us to do our post-filing credit course as soon as possible. After that we were free to go.

I do not remember what time it was that we left the courthouse, but I do remember that for all intents and purposes, we were walking on *rubbery legs*.

I DO remember that we 'crashed and burned' when we got home. We did not realize how wired and key-ed up we were, even as uninformed that we were. For this reason, I say take the day off and be kind to yourself. If you think you are showing 'loyalty' by going in--guess what? The Powers That Be there will not remember that, or care.

God Bless you, and my very best wishes~~~
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

My 341 meeting ran way behind schedule. It was supposed to start at 4 and our group didn't get started til 4:55. I didn't leave the building until 5:20.

Just to CYA I would say you'll be done about noon.
            Filed 5/29/09
            Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

If all goes well and it starts on time you'll probably be out by 9:20 at the latest but if they are behind are get off to a late start you never know.

Good Luck!
              4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
              5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
              7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
              7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

angelinacat is right. there is stress involved in anticipation, and you need some time to absorb the fact that it's over. it's not just any other meeting. take the day off if you can.
                filed ch7 May 09
                341 june 09
                discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Ours was at 10, but we ended up being the last of the 10am group, but still, they only took about, literally two or three minutes each, we took a bit longer but not much. I was so glad that I took the day off of work because I was an emotional wreck afterwards. I ended up sleeping for about four hours when I got home, just mentally exhausted, even though it went very well.
                  I suggest taking the day off, also.

Comment

We had to wait for about 20 minutes until we were called.
                    5 minutes in front of the trustee and out the door within 5 minutes after a brief chat with our attorney.

Comment

Ours was scheduled for 1:30 and we were about the 7th-8th ones called so it was about 2:10ish when we got up there and we were walking out the door around 2:15. I'd at least give yourself till noon before you have to be anywhere.
                      07/10/09 Filed Chapter 7
                      08/10/09 341
                      10/16/09 Discharged
                      02/01/10 Closed

Comment

Our 341 was this morning @ 9:30. We arrived at 9 (to sit in on the cases before ours). It finally got started at about 9:15. Aprrox 6-7 people were in the 9:00 group. By 10:00 they were calling for the 9:30 people... we were #3 in line and spent less then 3 mins with trustee. My dh went to work afterwards because he's a skilled union worker who doesn't get paid leave which means if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid I would definitely count on the trustee running a bit behind, especially if there are any cases before you that require more time with him.
                        Filed 8/2009
                        Discharged & Closed 11/2009
                        Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three09 View Post
                          Our 341 was this morning @ 9:30. We arrived at 9 (to sit in on the cases before ours). It finally got started at about 9:15. Aprrox 6-7 people were in the 9:00 group. By 10:00 they were calling for the 9:30 people... we were #3 in line and spent less then 3 mins with trustee. My dh went to work afterwards because he's a skilled union worker who doesn't get paid leave which means if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid I would definitely count on the trustee running a bit behind, especially if there are any cases before you that require more time with him.
                          Yeah same here, I'm union sheet metal.

I have it straightened out with my apprenticeship teacher to come in as soon as I can.

And work is letting me come in from 5am-7am.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X