I'm an authorized user on my mum's Discover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an authorized user on my mum's Discover

Will my filing close her account? Should I have her take me off? How long after being taken off can I file? Can you tell I just found the courage to pull up my credit report?
    Still learning all of this, but glad I've found this site! Thank you all for your advice and patience!

Originally posted by HMT View Post
    Will my filing close her account? Should I have her take me off? How long after being taken off can I file? Can you tell I just found the courage to pull up my credit report?

I had a similar problem. My parents were authorized users on MY card back when i was on time. Forgot all about it, so my negatives were reported on their credit reports. You can have her call and remove yourself as an authorized user. Your negative credit shouldnt impact her card i dont believe since your credit isnt factored in, shes responsible for it. Just to avoid having to dispute information on credit reports later, remove yourself now.
    Filed Ch 7 9/28/09
    341 Meeting 10/22/09 (Went well)
    Discharged 12/22/2009!

Comment

I'm more concerned with my filing bankruptcy. I've seen others who's spouses were effected when they filed because they were authorized. Granted, she is my mother - not a spouse, but I don't want her Discover closed because I'm an authorized user on her account and I file for chapter 7.
      Still learning all of this, but glad I've found this site! Thank you all for your advice and patience!

Comment

it shouldn't affect the card at all. it's her social security number on the card, not yours. so your bk will have no effect. you will not be listing the discover card as a creditor on your matrix either because you are not responsible for that card.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X