Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after 341 meeting questions

1. Does everyone keep receipts on what they spent money on
    2. I have the option to put school loans on hold for 450 dollars a month. I included this in my expense. Will it hurt if i do this so i can get a little money saved and be in a more secure financial situation with savings and what not?
    3. I have a roth Ira which i was contributing to and the lawyer said continue to do so. Will they question this as I had stopped it because I figured the trustee wouldn't like it but lawyer said not to worry.
    4. I have since cut some expense which I had on my report such as home phone and found a cheapert internet plan and also am looking to get a cheaper appartment which will free up money.
    a. Will they question this if I have some extra money?
    5. What if i had to borrow from family recently to pay for a car as i did and I use some money that i would pay to school loans to pay them? Will someone question this?
    6. This is such a confusing time as I could never of paid my bills cc if i made some cuts because 45k with the doubling of payments made it almost impossible.
    7. Anyone have advice on whats ok or not?

Don't worry man, it's a very confusing time for most of us, and almost everyone here has gone through it or currently is. I am still awaiting my 341 which will probably not be until Jan.

As for the loans, it's really up to you. Remember that interest continues to build on them even if you aren't paying. What's your rate and how much will that actually cost you to save up some money?

If the lawyer says keep contributing, then by all means do it. I was told before I filed that I should stop contributing to the Roth IRA until it's all over.

Speaking of, did your trustee say ANYTHING about your Roth at the 341 meeting?

They shouldn't question if you have extra money now, most likely they won't pay any attention to you until they discharge you then you're on your own.

I think you're worrying a little too much. You're supposed to be worried sick BEFORE you're 341, and then breathe a big sigh of relief when it's quickly over. Take it easy, you're home free. Just don't fall face first into $25,000 or anything and you'll be all set.

Comment

Trustee said nothing about my Roth only just started 6 months ago. Thanks from the encouragement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X