No announcement yet.

Anyone still having money problems??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it's difficult. We stopped paying (and using) our credit cards about 2 months ago. We have no cash reserves and right now have access to about $12 for the next few days. Fridge is about empty. Two growing boys who are constantly hungry. I have a few bananas going bad, so I'm making banana bread today. Should keep them filled with snacks for the day. Need to pay at least $200 on my utilities very soon or our water will be shut off. I'm expecting some money, but it may not be until early next week. Husband just learned this week that his pay is getting cut another 10%, yet he still works 50 + hours a week. But at least he has a job!!!!!!

I am looking for a job (I work from home part-time now strictly on a commission basis). We could also turn part of our house into a rental. But, don't want any extra income to push us into a 13. Just trying to look on the bright side and realize that 6 months to a year from now, things will be better, one way or another!

Comment

I am not going to side with nc73 here but I think people are being a little too hard on him. Most if not all of us are here because we made some awful financial decisions along the way. One of the big ones for a lot of people is indeed car debt. I totally understand needing two cars because we do also, but you don't need two car PAYMENTS to have two cars. I've said from now on we will have one car payment for a nice reliable family vehicle and one beater that I will drive to work until it breaks into pieces. I now put money away each paycheck into a car replacement fund and I will continue to upgrade my beater when necessary. We had $1,150 a month worth of car payments at one time. That's a house! We are down under $400 a month and that's where we will stay until our income allows more. If you have the income, it's not an issue....but when your car payments are a third of your take home pay, you need to make some adjustments.
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X