341 was Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was Thursday

We weren't worried. I was able to get everything straightened out with work and school so I didn't miss out on any money (work pays me to go to school)

Before the TT saw anyone, he gave a long lecture about his duty as trustee and that we'll all be under oath and go to prison if we lie etc... He was easy to deal with. The only time he had a problem with us is when my wife and I answered at the same time. He just smiled and said, "one at a time please".

A few people seemed to be screwed - they obviously didn't read up on this forum lol. Seriously though, people were simply puzzled at some of the basic questions that TT asked. Almost as if they were just caught in a lie.

We were like the 15th couple to go up. Short and sweet. We had all our paperwork together. Plus brought a short list of documents that our lawyer said we should - bank statement, pay stubs, recorded mortgage.

The TT didn't ask us for anything which I thought was strange because I had only worked for 1 week prior to filing. Our lawyer thought for sure he'd ask for pay stubs.

Anyways, that was that. I believe October 13th is our magic date.

Congratz and welcome to the 60 day club.

It is amazing to sit there and listen to people who didn't prepare themselves. The more you hesitate and don't directly answer the questions the more you get grilled.

Like all the veterans say on this forum, prepare to explain things (if needed), be honest, be open and you will have an pleasant 341.

The night before I put together all our documents into a notebook to bring after reading DSIG's thread on getting organized for the 341. Our lawyer said don't bring anything, the Trustee has all your docs and worst case we'll just send in what ever is needed. But I brought what I could so it would be done that day.

Turns out we didn't need anything either and it was extremely easy.
    Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Yours is the first I have heard of a trustee actually explaining the functions and the process before getting started. That was very good. At our 341, we were handed a flyer to read while waiting, which basically gave the information you got.

We already knew, sort of, what to expect, as we had had a telephonic 'dress rehearsal' with the trustee's office the week before. (This seems to be a Florida Middle District requirement--or at least the requirement of this particular trustee.) But if the people going before us had also had a telephonic dress rehearsal, it certainly didn't show. One couple was converting from a 13 to a 7, and they didn't have their paperwork together. Another was an older lady trying to do a 7 pro se. She didn't even have her DL with her current name on it. There had been a divorce and had reverted to the maiden name, but had not updated her documents. The trustee was very patient in explaining what she needed to do, but prefaced everything with: "You really need to hire an attorney."

Welcome to the 60 Day club. You both did very well.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

We got the verbal lecture as well.
        Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Glad to hear it went well!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X