Clothing question at 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clothing question at 341

I keep reading in this forum how you should not dress too nice for your 341 meeting. My issue is that my 341 is in the middle of the day: 1:00 to be exact. I am not taking the day off work because it falls during an extremely busy time and simply can not. I will be leaving work at 12 to get down there and then returning to work after. I dress nice for work. I get my clothes at discount stores but they are name brand and nice. I have to dress nice for work including heels and jewlery. My jewelry is all cheap- nothing real. My shoes are name brand but bought on sale at discount stores. I dont have a lot of different clothes because I cant afford it and prefer quality over quantity. Do I really need to "dress cheap" for this??? any insight appreciated.

I wouldn't be worried about being dressed to nicely. I don't think that is going to matter very much. When you say nicely I am assuming you just mean nicely, not Gucci purses and some other fancy designer clothes. I might take the jewelry off just for the meeting, even though it is fake. I would try to avoid any grey area in the TT's mind.
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Nice work clothes are totally appropriate. Don't wear your fake jewelry. DO wear or bring with you any real jewelry you are exempting. (The trustee may ask to see it - that's what happened to me.) Use a cheap purse or tote bag. You'll be fine.

Comment

the idea is not to bring with you that rolex watch you "forgot" to declare in your petition. somebody actually did that, got into trouble...

if you wear what you usually wear to work, including the fake jewelery, you should be fine. if you want to be extra careful, take off the fake jewelery. i don't know why people say to wear your exempt jewelery - nobody looked at mine (though i was wearing it).
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
          i don't know why people say to wear your exempt jewelery - nobody looked at mine (though i was wearing it).
          As I said, the trustee specifically asked to see mine. If I had followed some of the previous advice I had seen on this forum to not wear it, I would have ended up with a continuance. If someone has many many pieces, then it doesn't make sense to wear it all. But if you are exempting a big diamond ring or expensive watch, you should wear it or bring it with you because the trustee may ask to see it. Why tempt a continuance?

Comment

i see! good idea then.
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09

Comment

I would remove jewelery no sense in drawing attention. I doubt the trustee will care what you are wearing. I might be tempted to dress down a little, less expensive shoes, maybe a less expensive suit or dress. Honestly I wouldn't worry about that too much, we saw people dressed from casual (sweats, a little to casual) clear to a suit and a tie.
              Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
                I would remove jewelery no sense in drawing attention. I doubt the trustee will care what you are wearing. I might be tempted to dress down a little, less expensive shoes, maybe a less expensive suit or dress. Honestly I wouldn't worry about that too much, we saw people dressed from casual (sweats, a little to casual) clear to a suit and a tie.
                this is what I did. I made sure to remove my diamond earrings before our 341 (they are listed on our schedules but still didn't want it to look bad). I also dressed in nice dress pants & top. Our paperwork from our attorney said to dress nice, so that's what dh & I did (dh almost wore a nice shirt and dark jeans but since I was dressed nicely he decided to wear khakis). Everyone at our 341 was nicely dressed so glad we were too!
                Filed 8/2009
                Discharged & Closed 11/2009
                Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Hehe, I went to my 341 with my coach bag, my diamond earrings on ... my wedding rings... wearing my dressy work clothes. The dude barely looked at me much less asked questions. Course with the amount of times I heard him ask other people "So, you're keeping your BMW" or "you're keeping your Mercedes?" I highly doubt my coach bag made much of a difference... lol.
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                  Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

'Hub and I wore conservative 'business' clothes. White shirt, grey dress slacks and blue blazer for him; solid color dress blouse and black dress slacks for me. I only had my wedding ring on and 'Hub had his. We were fine.

Actually from your original post, your dress sounds fine, too. I would just leave the jewelry off, even if costume. But as others have said, it probably won't matter. the trustees by now have seen everything.

My best wishes~~~~
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I wore black capris and a nice shirt, my husband wore khakis and a polo, but other people had on torn jeans/old clothes and everything in between. I just thought that it was appropriate to wear what you would wear to church or maybe a job interview? Nothing over the top but respect for the court. We both just wore our wedding bands, not that we have any expensive jewelry anyway but from reading on here I didn't want to take any chances .
                      We don't own expensive watches/jewelry/purses/clothes. Huh, what did I spend all that cc money on? Nothing at all to show for it.
                      NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm going to wear one of those Groucho Marx mustache, nose and glasses thingies just in case anyone I know might be there!
                        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                          I'm going to wear one of those Groucho Marx mustache, nose and glasses thingies just in case anyone I know might be there!
                          LOL Don't forget the cane!
                          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

filed ch7 May 09
                            341 june 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X