341 question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 question??

I've looked all over the threads for the answer for this first...so I'm sorry if this has been discussed a lot already. Our 341 is tuesday and we are a nervous wreck..mostly because dh started a new job a few weeks ago...but after we filed...and he's nervous that he will be questioned about that. Our atty told us it was fine, but all of the paperwork has shows one specific full time job and a part time job. Well, he quit the part time job and got a new part time job...anyway, our atty told us they won't even ask specific info about jobs but I found a list online that said they will ask the address of your employer?? Did anyone have this question? If so, should he give the old address...since that is where he worked when we filed or open a can of worms and give the new address..??

Our attorney is one step above worthless...said she is going to be there, but we are doubtfull if she will even show up. She did not have time to meet with us to go over the questions they would ask or anything...were in missouri if it matters.

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=7959

341 Meeting Required Statements/Questions
    6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
    10/06/2009 Discharged
    01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

The trustee never asked the addresses of my employer. Se did, however, ask if dh was still unemployed. I think because it was quite obvious that it was the loss of dh's job, 75% of our income, that brought us to BK court.

I know the 341 is an anxious time. We were nervous, too. Good luck with yours. Hopefully it's as smooth as ours and those we saw before ours. We only saw one couple get put through the ringer and that was because the guy had a business and a huge, very valuable in a normal market home and it appeared he valued them worthless. The trustee was really questioning him on those. Everyone else, including us, just got basic questions and were in and out in minutes.
      filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
      341 meeting 6/4/09
      DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

Thanks...our case is pretty straightforward..nothing unusual...we've just given up everything...our house, cars....cut our income...done without for so long now...that it is very stressfull to think that it all hinges on one three minute interview!

Comment

nope trustee never asked us about jobs or anything like that.

Try not to worry.. it'll be just fine. I was the same way last week (our 341 was Wed) but it went so smoothly... we were in front of the trustee for less than 3 mins.

But, if your trustee does ask about the employers address just tell the truth. as long as you answer truthfully everything will go fine
          Filed 8/2009
          Discharged & Closed 11/2009
          Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Your 341 is pretty much based on what was when you filed, the date of your filing.
            I would not worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by berrymom35 View Post
              Thanks...our case is pretty straightforward..nothing unusual...we've just given up everything...our house, cars....cut our income...done without for so long now...that it is very stressfull to think that it all hinges on one three minute interview!
              MANY folks before you survived. Budget a nice restaurant meal in celebration of stress released once you get finished. We have all been there and now we are here. Telling you, "no sweat". You will be fine. Please however, no more than two glasses of wine with that meal. LOL. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X