Not filing with Spouse..Income Expense Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not filing with Spouse..Income Expense Question

My husband is not filing with me, we live in the same house. He has not had income and has been unemployed for the last 6 mths. I want to file a chapter 7 in September. I have been helping with his expenses for his child, car and other things for the past 6 mths and more.

Can I still include him as a part of my household when trying to qualify for chapter 7?
    Do I include his average income?
    Do I include his/our expenses?
    How may his income change affect me after I file if he finds a job?

1. Yes, he is part of the household.
    2. Well, if he hasn't worked in 6 months, what income has he had? But, yes, his income is included.
    3. Yes, you include all expenses
    4. Generally, anything that happens after the case is filed does not affect the BK.

Comment

That sounds good. His income of $0.00 would help. I was figuring out how I would qualify with only my expenses so this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by cinderella View Post
        That sounds good. His income of $0.00 would help. I was figuring out how I would qualify with only my expenses so this helps.
        If he has no income all the household expenses are yours. What expenses did you think were his and not yours?
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I paid for everything of his (car, etc). My concern is I was helping him with about $500 a month in child care expenses for a child from a previous marriage. I am not sure how the courts would look at that. It was a big expense for the past 6 mths that I paid. The child does not live with us.

Comment

I was paying for everything of his (car, etc). My concern is that I was helping him with child care expenses for a child he has from a previous marriage. It was about $500 per month and huge expense for me. I was not sure how the courts would have looked at that or if I could include that since the child is his and not mine and does not live with us.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X