questions for attorney? first meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions for attorney? first meeting

Hi we have a consultation today, first one. I have a pit in my stomach but I'm sure it'll be ok. Probably just the part about facing it.

Can I ask question other than "how much is your fee?" or will this just be a meeting where he tells us how much and whether we have a ch7 case? I just have a timing issue I want to discuss and wanted to know if they'll talk about more than just general stuff with you.
    Stopped paying CCs 6/09
    Filed 1/10
    341 = 3/10
    6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

You should be able to ask them whatever you want. If they don't allow for questions, then they are not the attorney for you.

Comment

Good to know, cuz my list is quite long!!
      Stopped paying CCs 6/09
      Filed 1/10
      341 = 3/10
      6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

Comment

they might stop answering questions after a half-hour passes (that's usually the length of consulations). don't worry: they want your business, you are in the driver's seat.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Update: Because he was so awesome and answered all my questions (and gave me a big sigh of relief on some of the touchier ones) we went ahead and retained him. His price was right too and we both liked him enough. He talked a lil fast but he had people waiting and it was late in the day.

What a relief to move forward. Signed and now will start a payment plan to him.
          Stopped paying CCs 6/09
          Filed 1/10
          341 = 3/10
          6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

Comment

I know, once you make the decision and get the process going, it's such a relief!!!!!

Good luck with your bk and hope everything works out.
            Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Thanks!

There were a few things that were keeping me up at night that he said "meh, nah, I'm not too worried about that" I was like phewwwwwwwwwwww!!

Now we just have to think about getting thru the 60 days of cred phone calls.
              Stopped paying CCs 6/09
              Filed 1/10
              341 = 3/10
              6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

Comment

Good for you to get that ball rolling. If you have retained the attorney, start sending calls his way.
                Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                Discharged: 11/30/2009
                Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X