Getting List of Creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting List of Creditors

What is the best way to get an updated list of creditors? It's been a while since I've heard from them, and it seems so many of the debts have been sold to collection agencies (and resold in some cases)

I'm relatively new. I have paid my filing fee and given my attorney my certificate for pre-filing counseling, so I'm not sure what happens next.

Thanks!

Pull a free credit report. You can get a pretty decent list from there. If you can find any old bills or notices, include those as well.

Comment

Does a current CR show the most updated information regarding creditors? When I pulled in January, it was somewhat out of date.

Comment

Well, it is now 8 months later. If you don't have any other source, the credit report will be the most current information you will be able to obtain.

Comment

Should I be concerned that a creditor gets missed?

How often does that happen in practicality?

Comment

They get missed all the time if you don't have current documentation from the creditor. The credit report is a really good place to start. Maybe it will jog your memory to any other debt you may have.

Comment

Get a list of all the original creditors, call them and ask what collection agency has the account. Get a current balance and mailing address.
              Try to not tell them you need the info for bk.

The list of creditors you give your attorney should list the original creditor name, account number, balance, address, phone number. And the same with the CA including their account number, it will be different than the original.

Comment

A credit report should be pulled from all 3 sources, you can do it thru annualcreditreport.com make sure it is the legit site not all the fake ones. That's free.

Your original creditor will be there, maybe with a zero balance, but the notation will say SOLD TO ANOTHER PARTY or something like that. Most of the collectors will be there if they currently own the debt.

Good luck and congrats on your new debt-free life
                7-2-2009 Filed
                8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
                  Pull a free credit report. You can get a pretty decent list from there. If you can find any old bills or notices, include those as well.
                  And that is what most competent attorneys want. Note that word competent.

Comment

My atty pulled our credit report and built the list from that. I pulled it prior to hiring her, I found Transunion to be the best, it had full addresses, phone numbers and account numbers. The other 2 had partial account numbers and incomplete contact information. The report she pulled had all that information on it as well.

She used a pay service though... It cost us about 75.00 (DW and I) and was a line item in her fees...

CBA Information Solutions was the name of the company that pulled her report, it was very complete...

Perhaps you could run that past your atty? They may be able to do something along those lines...
                    07/31/2009 - Filed Chapter 7 Western District NC
                    09/02/2009 - 341 Meeting - DONE!
                    11/02/2009 - Final date for objections
                    11/09/2009 - Discharged & Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X