Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today - went very well AND good news

Hi all

well, we filed mid July, had our 341 today and it was soo easy. I'm so glad, I was on here reading everybodys posts about the 341. Spouse and I were both very nervous - about 10 pp in the room, older Trustee, very nice.

He read his 10 questions of a sheet, nothing else. (we were a no asset case) Kind of giggled when he heard about our % on the vehicle we are reaffirming (20.48%) - but we NEED that vehicle, so we are keeping it.

That was it - wished us good luck and were done in 2 min.

THEN>>>>>> our lawyer had the reaffirmation papers for us to sign afterwards and when looking at the numbers on there, the bank LOWERED the % on the car loan from 20.48 to 9% - which gives us a $130 lower payment /month. I was thrilled.

so - we're finally in the 60 day club. i just hope the next 2 month will go by quickly.

Lawyer said, our courts in VA are pretty quick and we should have our discharge around the 60 day mark!

Thanks again to everybody that helped me w/ questions and all the posts for me to read.

I'm ready for a new beginning w/o credit cards
    Filed in July
    341 in August
    discharged October
    Closed October

Congratulations on the easy 341 and welcome to the 60 day club.
    Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Congrats! That couldnt have gone better!!!!

Comment

Congratulations! Welcome to the 60 Day Club, and that was wonderful news about the interest being lowered.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats! I hope in a couple weeks when I file, mine goes as smooth! My wife and I are very nervous. Although all we want to do is keep our house and 2 cars... Need to dump an old house turned rental, turned vacant and a lot of CC debt...
          -------
          Converted to Chap 13 from Chap 7 Feb 28
          341 April 16...

Comment

Cool, hope the 60 days goes by uneventfully. I'm in the same boat.
            Filed 7/2. 341 on 8/14, it went well. I'm in the 60 day club. Last day for objections 10/13/09.

Comment

Excellent! A smooth 341 and a lower car payment to-boot!

Congrats.
              No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Excellent news!

Comment

Yeah~welcome to the 60 day club

Here's to an UNeventful next 60 days!!!!
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

That's wonderful!!! Congrats!
                    Chapter 7
                    Petition Filed: 3/24/09
                    341 Meeting: 5/15/09
                    DISCHARGED!!!! 7/20/09

Comment

congrats to you and your new fresh start
                      Filed on 7-17-09
                      waiting for 341
                      341 meeting 8-21-09
                      discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Wow, that is awesome! Who was the auto company if you don't mind me asking?
                        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Congratulations - Welcome to the 60 days club!
                          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                          Discharged: 11/30/2009
                          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Good for you! And an added bonus with the car payment. Best of luck....
                            Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                            341 Meeting 09/09/09
                            Discharged 11/12/09
                            Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by BKfiler2009 View Post
                              Hi all

well, we filed mid July, had our 341 today and it was soo easy. I'm so glad, I was on here reading everybodys posts about the 341. Spouse and I were both very nervous - about 10 pp in the room, older Trustee, very nice.

He read his 10 questions of a sheet, nothing else. (we were a no asset case) Kind of giggled when he heard about our % on the vehicle we are reaffirming (20.48%) - but we NEED that vehicle, so we are keeping it.

That was it - wished us good luck and were done in 2 min.

THEN>>>>>> our lawyer had the reaffirmation papers for us to sign afterwards and when looking at the numbers on there, the bank LOWERED the % on the car loan from 20.48 to 9% - which gives us a $130 lower payment /month. I was thrilled.

so - we're finally in the 60 day club. i just hope the next 2 month will go by quickly.

Lawyer said, our courts in VA are pretty quick and we should have our discharge around the 60 day mark!

Thanks again to everybody that helped me w/ questions and all the posts for me to read.

I'm ready for a new beginning w/o credit cards
                              Hey that is great news for you! Glad the 341 meeting went well. I am from VA, too and I hope it is true in my area the courts are pretty quick. I have no idea yet when my 341 will be held and what the trustee will be like.
                              Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                              Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X