top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recovery Management Systems - who are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery Management Systems - who are they?

I noticed that the below info was added to the docket report on Pacer recently.

Creditor Request for Notices to be sent to Recovery Management Systems Corporation,25 S.E. 2nd Avenue Suite 1120,Miami FL 33131-1605 Filed by Creditor Recovery Management Systems Corporation. (Singh, Ramesh) (Entered: 08/09/2009)

Who is this Recovery Management Systems Corp. and what are they doing snooping around my case for?

Already had the 341 and no creditors were present.
    Filed 7/2. 341 on 8/14, it went well. I'm in the 60 day club. Last day for objections 10/13/09.

Lots of us have them pop up on pacer. I think they handle some cards for Walmart and others.
    No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson24 View Post
      I noticed that the below info was added to the docket report on Pacer recently.

Creditor Request for Notices to be sent to Recovery Management Systems Corporation,25 S.E. 2nd Avenue Suite 1120,Miami FL 33131-1605 Filed by Creditor Recovery Management Systems Corporation. (Singh, Ramesh) (Entered: 08/09/2009)

Who is this Recovery Management Systems Corp. and what are they doing snooping around my case for?

Already had the 341 and no creditors were present.
      Have you visited their website?
      Sniped:
      By analyzing pre-petition activity from a debtor perspective,
      which might include multiple accounts,
      RMSC is able to claim additional money as non-dischargeable
      by displaying a strong pattern of fraudulent intent.

Comment

We had them poking around our case too. In our case, it concerned a Sam's Club card that I had that I had not renewed membership in since January 2004. I had the card so that I could get in the door. What I DIDN'T know was that this card had a line of credit attached to it. So I could have used it as a credit card at Sam's, I guess.

But after January 2004, we never used it or renewed membership because the closest Sam's is a 60 mile one-way trip and we had decided that the value of the savings did not outweigh the expenditure of a 120 mile round trip.

So we called Mr. Singh and upon discovering that it was the Sam's card they were concerned with, told him what I just typed here. When he looked and found in his records that there had been no activity on the card, he filed papers with the court to have his/the company's name removed from the creditor matrix. They had previously filed papers to have themselves added.

I am not sure how they became aware of our BK unless the Sam's card is owned by some parent agency that we had included in our BK.

Good luck to you.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yeah, I checked out he website. Looks like the manage the information and accounting of the cases for the creditors. Looks like they also assist in going after assets if there are any.

I hope that they aren't looking to go on a witch hunt into my use of credit cards. I stopped using in February and didn't file until July so it shouldn't be an issue.

That doesn't quite sound right "I stopped using". Probably a very appropriate way of putting it though.
          Filed 7/2. 341 on 8/14, it went well. I'm in the 60 day club. Last day for objections 10/13/09.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post

So we called Mr. Singh and upon discovering that it was the Sam's card they were concerned with, told him what I just typed here. When he looked and found in his records that there had been no activity on the card, he filed papers with the court to have his/the company's name removed from the creditor matrix. They had previously filed papers to have themselves added.

I am not sure how they became aware of our BK unless the Sam's card is owned by some parent agency that we had included in our BK.

Good luck to you.
            Do you think they are looking into something for one of the credit cards? Would it be wise to contract them or should I just wait to see if something comes up?

I did transfer a balance from one card to another in November of 08. In the following 3 months I ran that 0 balance card up again following my wife getting fired and then not being able to find other employment because of being 5 months pregnant. It had a 4,000 limit.

Comment

I don't think it would hurt to call and ask what they are interested in. Otherwise we wouldn't have known about the Sam's card. We didn't list it in the paperwork because we didn't know about the line of credit.

Other posters with more experience with this company: what are your opinions?
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I found them also on my docket and they referenced a dormant Lowe's account that I had never used. Nothing to worry about.
                Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

I almost asked that same question a few days ago. Instead I put that in the advanced search box here, found a good enough answer. A few actually.

Comment

They just filed a NCF on our case and we are 2 weeks from discharge. I wonder if they are Best Buys?
                    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                    Discharged: 11/30/2009
                    Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

They filed in my case 3 days after my 341. I didn't know enough to be alarmed, I just thought they represented one of the banks and wanted to be informed of dismissal, etc. My 60 days were up on Friday 9/18 and no objections by creditors were filed. Expecting my discharge this coming week, so no problem with this recovery company. I had "stopped using" (lol) 7/8 months ago, so hoped for no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by want2save View Post
                        They filed in my case 3 days after my 341. I didn't know enough to be alarmed, I just thought they represented one of the banks and wanted to be informed of dismissal, etc. My 60 days were up on Friday 9/18 and no objections by creditors were filed. Expecting my discharge this coming week, so no problem with this recovery company. I had "stopped using" (lol) 7/8 months ago, so hoped for no problems.
                        Thanks. It's been 6 weeks since our 341 and nothing. We pretty much had stopped also, but did a discover balance transfer to a bofa card in December and paid on it for 7 payments before filing. Also charged a $1500 vet bill in April but that was biggest charge 90 days before filing. I was wondering if they were GEMB or Sears.

Comment

this place showed up on my docket today, hope they have fun snooping
                          maybe they will find something i own and don't know about lol
                          wishful thinking
                          filed chapter 7 Nov 17, 2009
                          341 meeting Dec 21
                          dec 22 no funds no asset
                          Objections for Discharge due by 02/19/2010

Comment

They file NCF's in hundred's of cases daily. No one knows what this guy's story is but it doesn't mean anything.

Comment

This person filed on my case also and I had nothing but major bank credit cards. I think he just files on everything he possibly can, "just in case". I am discharged and he never became involved in any way.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X