One Last Post Before 341 Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Last Post Before 341 Meeting

Got my papers from the court system today...

Those papers made me so nervous but it just explains what to expect, not to sell my assests, or hide my money.

I hope my 341 meeting goes well and I hope no creditors show up..
    5/3 Bank who sued me is the only local company who may show up...

I have a no assest case, no job or money....

I hope it goes well and noone objects...

I'm paranoid about it though..J haven't paid any creditors since January of 2008...

I hope it goes smooth

Are you using an attorney?

I haven't paid any creditors since 12/07, and had one cc sueing me.
    The 341 went well. It wasn't anything to worry about.

Comment

nick

Sending Good Vibes Your Way for A Smooth and Speedy 341 hearing!!

Luci

Comment

Thanx...I am using an attorney

I'm more worried of the 60 day period and the creditors objecting

Comment

Hope it goes well for you! I'm seeing lots of good things about the meetings so hang in there!
          8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
          8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
          9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
          11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

Last edited by MSbklawyer; 08-21-2009, 05:54 PM.
            Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

I know cause I watch too many cop shows, and I know they got ways of subconscionsly make you break and tell the whole dang truth of why I'm filing, and why I haven't paid them their money....

Let's see I moved 4 times, had to deal with a jerk of a landlord in the 2nd place, I lost a job in bewteen, then the credit card companies took away my option to pay them online...So I stopped paying 'em....

In bewteen my aunt died, my grandma died, my uncle died....I'm 24 and the credit card comapanies should never give a 21 year old a credit card with a limit of $5000....

Plus 3 other cards totaling another $10,000.....

Comment

Originally posted by nick09 View Post
                I know cause I watch too many cop shows, and I know they got ways of subconscionsly make you break and tell the whole dang truth of why I'm filing, and why I haven't paid them their money......
                Perry Mason moments, lawyers call them: Where Perry has got them cornered, and they know he's got them cornered, and he knows they know he knows and they know he knows they know... So the witness will jump up and say something like: Yes, I killed him and I did it cold blood!!! And I'd do it again if that b****** were here!!! At which point there is a loud murmer in the courtroom and Hamilton Burger (the prosecutor) buries his face in his hands 'cause now he knows he's charged the wrong guy and that he has lost the case.

So when they really"Isn't it true Mr. Nick09 that you were seen entering a flower shop on the day before Valentine's to buy your wife some flowers? That you regularly buy her flowers on Valentine's day? Isn't it also true that you spent money to give your kid a party of all things on his birthday? Do you think it's appropriate to celebrate while you're insolvent, sir? Isn't the money you spent celebrating your insolvency money you could have sent to your unsecured creditors?

And isn't it also true that you, at this very moment, have about 23 cents in change between the sofa cushions at your house? Did you report that money on your schedules sir? No? Isn't that a fraud on your creditors sir?"

At this point, after hours of such relentless questioning, you will be a quivering blob of jelly and will jump to you feet in the aforementioned fashion and confess all loose change, worn socks, broken lawnmowers and toothbrushes that you forgot to put in your schedules so as to defraud your creditors from their just dues.

Then the bailiff will come over very solemnly and lead you away in cuffs to the Federal pokey where you will stay for the rest of your days never to see your friends or family again. Yes, I'm afraid it's over for you, Mr. Nick09.
                Last edited by MSbklawyer; 08-21-2009, 07:37 PM.
                Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by nick09 View Post
                  I'm 24 and the credit card comapanies should never give a 21 year old a credit card with a limit of $5000....
                  Precisely. Nor should they allow them to mortgage their future and ruin their lives by effectively giving them a $100,000+ non-dischargeable line of student loan credit when they're 21. But they do. And it's legal. And the government encourages it.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                    Perry Mason moments, lawyers call them: Where Perry has got them cornered, and they know he's got them cornered, and he knows they know he knows and they know he knows they know... So the witness will jump up and say something like: Yes, I killed him and I did it cold blood!!! And I'd do it again if that b****** were here!!! At which point there is a loud murmer in the courtroom and Hamilton Burger (the prosecutor) buries his face in his hands 'cause now he knows he's charged the wrong guy and that he has lost the case.

So when they really"Isn't it true Mr. Nick09 that you were seen entering a flower shop on the day before Valentine's to buy your wife some flowers? That you regularly buy her flowers on Valentine's day? Isn't it also true that you spent money to give your kid a party of all things on his birthday? Do you think it's appropriate to celebrate while you're insolvent, sir? Isn't the money you spent celebrating your insolvency money you could have sent to your unsecured creditors?

And isn't it also true that you, at this very moment, have about 23 cents in change between the sofa cushions at your house? Did you report that money on your schedules sir? No? Isn't that a fraud on your creditors sir?"

At this point, after hours of such relentless questioning, you will be a quivering blob of jelly and will jump to you feet in the aforementioned fashion and confess all loose change, worn socks, broken lawnmowers and toothbrushes that you forgot to put in your schedules so as to defraud your creditors from their just dues.

Then the bailiff will come over very solemnly and lead you away in cuffs to the Federal pokey where you will stay for the rest of your days never to see your friends or family again. Yes, I'm afraid it's over for you, Mr. Nick09.
                    That's great.....I love it!!!! Did you tell Nick about the paternity test and the DNA testing proceeding the 341????
                    Last edited by notforsale; 08-21-2009, 08:10 PM. Reason: typing error
                    Down but not out!! filed c7 august 2011...341 september 2011... Unsecured debt over $100k.....bk attorney $1200.......bkforum.com Priceless!!!!!

Comment

Lol
                      8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
                      8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
                      9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
                      11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

Originally posted by notforsale View Post
                        Did you tell Nick about the paternity test and the DNA testing proceeding the 341????
                        Last edited by MSbklawyer; 08-22-2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Very well written posts, MSBKlawyer. Please keep them coming!
                          Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                          Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Whoa...I thought they did this to sell plasma with all generated funds going to unsecured creditors? I really hope Nick didn't forget to put plasma on his schedules.

Thanks for the laughs MSbklawyer! Good luck Nick!
                            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                              Perry Mason moments............At which point there is a loud murmer in the courtroom and Hamilton Burger (the prosecutor) buries his face in his hands 'cause now he knows he's charged the wrong guy and that he has lost the case.
                              AGAIN

You gotta love it! Did HB ever win a case?

Our 341 lasted less than five minutes. Questioned, under oath, about who I was, address, all taxes paid, things like that. Nobody was asked much more than that and we sat thru about 15 of them before ours with not a single creditor making an appearance. IMHO your attorney should know what to expect from the trustee, beforehand, so that an acceptable plan has been submitted. Good luck Nick.
                              Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X