341 Meeting Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Yesterday

My husband and I had our 341 meeting in Danville, IL yesterday and it was as smooth as it could be. The Trustee only looked at our DL and SS, even though I had a stack of papers with me JUST IN CASE!!!

We were done with him in about 4 minutes and no creditors showed up. He did not ask about our tax refund, so does that mean he doesn't want it? Or will he send a letter in the mail closer to refund time stating he wants it? Anyone have any experience with this?

My husband and I were the best dressed out of the people we saw. Everyone else wore jeans and t-shirts and sneakers. We wore dress pants and nice shirts with dress shoes. Rather be over-dressed than under IMO...

Another thing, a couple that went ahead of us had more equity in one vehicle than Illinois allowed and the Trustee asked their lawyer if they were prepared to write him a check for the amount over the exemption right then. The couple said they didn't have the money to pay him. The Trustee then said that Illinois has a wild card exemption and they have the option to make an amendment to their Schedule C. I thought that that was very nice of the Trustee to point out to the couple that there was a way to keep this vehicle and not have to pay the balance to him. He was very friendly even if he did sit stone faced and only cracked a smile once every 10 minutes...

So, hopefully all is well....now we play the waiting game!!!!

Joy

Thanks for sharing... sounds very encouraging!
    I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
    10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
    10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
    10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
    11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
    01/16/06: Last day to file objections
    01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

Good to hear this. Our 341 is Monday in Geneva IL. I'm fretting!! Even though our lawyer said everythign shouldgo fine.

good luck
      pink_amulet

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X