341 at 2:30 MDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 at 2:30 MDT

I slept decently last night thanks in no small part to the calming effects of this forum.

My attorney's office called last Thursday and said my attorney had a "schedule conflict" with today's meeting time. They asked if I'd like a continuance or if I'd like them to retain a "substitute" attorney.

I was like, WTF? Why am I paying you?

I really didn't want a continuance that would put off my discharge and I'm assured my case is pretty "cut and dry" so I opted for the pinch-hitter. I've never met my attorney face-to-face anyway so why should today be any different?

I've got a copy of every piece of paper I've sent my attorney in case the "substitute attorney" doesn't, but at this point I'm just ready to get this over with and move on with my life. I looked up the new guy and he looks to have major experience in personal BK so I'm sure he's fine. In fact, he's local to me so in retrospect I probably should've used him from the start instead of one of the bigger firms in Denver... (I need to tell him to have his website SEO'd because he never came up in all my searching for BK lawyers in my area...)

Let's get today down and start the 60-day clock! October 23rd can't get here soon enough...
    Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
    341 - 8/24/09
    Discharged - 11/3/09
    Closed - 12/10/09

That's crazy that you've never met your attorney. I'm sure today will go just fine though! Good Luck to you!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Good luck! I'm in Denver too and my meeting is 9/11.

Let us know how it goes...

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
        That's crazy that you've never met your attorney. I'm sure today will go just fine though! Good Luck to you!
        I know -- I had the option of driving into Denver for our meetings, but they really are great about handling most things by phone and email. They are excellent about responding to phone calls and emails as well. I feel like I know them. ;)

Originally posted by COgirl View Post
        Good luck! I'm in Denver too and my meeting is 9/11.

Let us know how it goes...
        Will do!

Incidentally, I'm going straight from work and I'm wearing a shirt and tie. Should I lose the tie? I would think wearing a tie (if you do so regularly) would be respectful to the professionals who are working in the courthouse. The only other accessory I have is my wedding band. I haven't worn a watch in ages and it's not like a two-year-old, $16 tie means I'm Mr. Rockefeller or anything.

I'm just wondering because I see a lot of posts on here about not dressing too nicely. Urban legend?
        Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
        341 - 8/24/09
        Discharged - 11/3/09
        Closed - 12/10/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X