341 is done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 is done.

If I had to sum it up in one word it would be.....Weird,just plain weird.

First off DW and I show up about 45 minutes early to watch some cases before us.
    There was nothing really strange or different with any of the cases (that's because weird was reserved for me today.)

Well we are watching and listening and out of the blue my ex wife comes walking in the hearing room and I'm thinking to myself"Just great what is she doing here"?

But I guess she is notified as a creditor because of child support so she drives 4 hours in to come to this meeting for no real reason because she's still being paid the support even though I'm laid off the state just hasn't caught up to me yet but I'm about 1200.00 behind.

So our meeting starts just the usual questions until she asks if we have any lawsuits out there and we said yes,my DW had a slip and fall about 3 years ago and the attorney is just not doing anything with it.

So now shes going over the petition and sees that my attorney put in "unknown" as a value amount on the case.

The trustee was actually really nice and told him to just put in the max which would be $25,000.00and amend the petition and send her the new one with the new value in it or she would have to file a motion to dismiss.

SO Lawyer is getting that done and will mail me the amended petition to sigh and get back to him.(I'll be doing that ASAP)

Now with the ex-wife as I stated she was worried about getting the check every week as she has been up to this point.

The trustee asks if there any creditors for my case and she says nothing.
    she tells us thank you have a nice day and I hear the EX tell her live in "Well I don't know what to say"

So she comes rushing the desk of the trustee questioning if she's going to keep getting her child support.
    Trustee is trying to explain to her that child support is not dischargeable in bankruptcy.

Well needless to say she wasn't understanding it or what was really happening here she just wanted to know about the money that she was still current on.
    So as not to take up more time and set her schedule behind she gave ex a not so pleasant look and barked at her that you need to consult a family law attorney and ask him/her you're questions I don't practice family law.

So I have no idea what she is going to do but I do know she still had no clue what was really happening in there today.

When we were leaving my attorney told me he'll get the paperwork in the mail to sign and get to the trustee and he said we should be discharged within the next 2 to 2 1/2 months so I think I just made acceptance into the 60 day club.

I'm glad it's over.
    Filed July 7,2009
    341 August 24,2009 (completed)
    Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
    Case closed 10-29-2009

Congratulations, welcome to the 60 day club and good luck with the ex!!
    Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club.
      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
      Discharged: 11/30/2009
      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

So glad it went well for you!
        Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
        Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Glad it went well! Your story about your ex trying to object made me laugh.

Comment

Congrats!!. One thought on the ex. In my experience with my ex, you should give her a call and tell her what is going on, before she speaks with an attorney. You don't want the attorney snooping around your bk case looking for a reason to up the payments to the ex.

a simple call can save alot of headaches!

congrats again!

Comment

Originally posted by goingcrzy View Post
              Congrats!!. One thought on the ex. In my experience with my ex, you should give her a call and tell her what is going on, before she speaks with an attorney. You don't want the attorney snooping around your bk case looking for a reason to up the payments to the ex.

a simple call can save alot of headaches!

congrats again!
              Being that the EX lives so far away from me I don't think she has the financial means to hire an attorney.

She would be spending thousands in attorney fees to retrieve hundreds,not real money smart.

The state was garnishing my wages when I was working and they are still paying her to date as she said at the creditors meeting.

Child support is not dischargeable anywhere so the state will eventually begin to garnish my unemployment checks and to catch up the shortage they will take my tax returns at the end of the year until I'm caught up.

This happened to my brother years ago.

Besides you just can't have an intelligent conversation with this woman.
              Filed July 7,2009
              341 August 24,2009 (completed)
              Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
              Case closed 10-29-2009

Comment

Welcome to the club! Here's hoping all goes well and your 60 days fly!
                Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

congrats to you...
                  Filed on 7-17-09
                  waiting for 341
                  341 meeting 8-21-09
                  discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X