Wanting to thank you all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to thank you all!

I am approaching the end of my 60 days, filed 5/24 and 341 was 6/30. I wanted to express my appreciation for all of you on this forum and although I haven't posted during this process I have been here reading, learning, and feelin the love - LOL.

This experience has been eye opening for me, so many things I thought were important were not, so many things that I thought defined me did not. Six months ago I was a homeowner of a home that we couldn't afford and were 60K upside down on, driving a brand new car and thinking of charging over $3000 on a new bedroom set when we already owed over 70K in credit card debt - I can't believe the change that has occurred in my way of thinking. Today I am happily renting a townhome, loving the closeness I feel with my husband now that we are seeing eye to eye with both eyes wide open, driving a used car that my father in law helped us purchase, leaning on friends and family and feeling the weight of our past decisions about to be lifted. We have given up almost everyTHING in our life but have gained perspective that those THINGS were shackles to a life we needed to be rid of. We have started to take care of our mental health, therapy and medication are a much more effective treatment for depression and anxiety than shopping, LOL.

We still have the foreclosure pending on the house, but as 2009 closes I will look back on the events of this year as some of the most pivotal in my life. This is the year that I hit the reset button and decided to start owning my life, and quit letting my life own me.

Thanks again, I'll be sure to post when you can let the hamsters out.

Sounds like you have turned things around quite nicely for yourselves. Enjoy your fresh start and your new life together. It's amazing, like you said, how at one point in your life you think you need to have everything and now you actually realize that material things are not that important.
    Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Congrats to you and your new perspective! I totally agree. This is the first time my husband and I are sharing everything and seeing eye to eye about what our priorties are. This process has certainly brought us much closer together.
      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
      Discharged: 11/30/2009
      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Nice post. I hope to have a similar experience....
        Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
        341 Meeting 09/09/09
        Discharged 11/12/09
        Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X