Can it get any worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can it get any worse?

Okay we were planning on filing Ch 7 in Oct, keeping car and house and the rental since retaining lawyer in June 2009....At the end of July tenants told us once their lease is up at end of Aug they are looking for a bigger place (trying since Aug to find new tenants for Sept so far no luck) Sun they called and said they are out of the house so now we need to give them their sec. deposit back by Sept 2. Thinking of renting out the rental as section 8 just to be able to keep it going( too bad the house is to small for all of us- it was our first home)

Yesterday Aug 26th Dh got a layoff notice from work last day of work Aug 31 thanks for the notice
    there is PROBABLY no way to keep the house(s )now, no savings ,4 kids and pets to take care of......

seems like in our life when it poops on us it always has to be diarrhea....
    Thanks for the rant

Sorry for the layoff notice, these are tough times. I was wondering if there was any damage to the house from the tenants? Worn carpets? need paint? Woodwork intact? How long did they live there? Normal wear and tear eats up most security deposits it seems like from my history as a renter.

Comment

They were the best tenants we ever had, no damages, kept place spotless.It's too bad they out grew our place...
      Normal wear and tear you can't take off their sec. deposit just for any damages, of course they have none

Comment

Be very careful if you rent it on Section 8. There are some good renters on the program, but most are human debris.

If you do rent it on Section 8, you have the right to inspect their current residence to see how it is maintained. I highly advise for you to do that.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
          Be very careful if you rent it on Section 8. There are some good renters on the program, but most are human debris.

If you do rent it on Section 8, you have the right to inspect their current residence to see how it is maintained. I highly advise for you to do that.
          Some of the best advice given on this forum right there.
          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
            Some of the best advice given on this forum right there.
            Those who choose to rent Section 8 know the risks but want the security of knowing the rent is going to be paid.

If a Section 8 renter does $1,000 damage to the property over the course of a year it's really no different than a tenant not paying $1,000 rent and having to evict them.

Being a landlord can be a pain, period.
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Being a landlord can be a pain, period.[/QUOTE]

So true, yet we keep torturing ourselves.....

Comment

Originally posted by badkarma View Post
                Being a landlord can be a pain, period.
                So true, yet we keep torturing ourselves.....[/QUOTE]

badkarma:

DH and I feel your pain. We ended up with a squatter and thousands in damage to our rental. It went into f/c because we could not afford to catch up payments and it was too damaged to rent out again without a substantial amount of $$ put into repairs.

We included it in our BK and I can't tell you the relief we feel of not having to worry about being a landlord anymore! It was so much stress...even though we had to go through h#ll and back...we are closer to happier days ahead once all of this is behind us!! Good luck to you!
                CH 7 Filed 6/26/09
                341 Meeting 7/27/09
                Last day for objections: 9/25/09
                When life gives you lemons, slice them and add to your Margarita!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X