top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I start making money suddenly, what happens ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I start making money suddenly, what happens ?

If I file for Chapter 7 asap and start getting income (I have a job starting in November but am currently unemployed) how does that impact things ?
    I also may have a temporary work project coming my way in 2 weeks.
    But its not enough time to avoid some hairy situations that only bankruptcy can halt right now.

Well you may have to state whether you anticipate any changes in your future income (status).
    My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
    posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Item 17 on Schedule I requires you to state any differences in anticipated future income.
      Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

You are required to state any anticipated increase in income. That said, if your 341 meeting rolls around and you still are not working, I see no reason for that income, which is still just a possible job to come into play or be mentioned.
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se - 9/5/2009
        341 - 10/26/09
        Discharge - 12/30/09
        Closed - 1/4/10

Comment

any income you earn after you file is not part of the bankruptcy estate. it should not affect anything, but some people worry that it might. probably depends on the particular trustee.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X