top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would there be a new judge on my case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would there be a new judge on my case?

Just saw this on Pacer (replaced judge's real names with initials):

"Full docket text for document 22:
    In accordance with Administrative Order 2009-1 signed August 04, 2009 by Chief Judge ZZZ, this case will be transferred to Judge TTT on September 22, 2009. At that time, Judge TTT will be added to the case, and the involvement of Judge WWW [our current judge] will be terminated. It is recommended that Counsel review Judge TTT's practices and procedures as set forth on the Court's website, www.pawb.uscourts.gov, which is updated from time-to-time, so as to familiarize Counsel with applicable procedures upon transfer of the Erie cases to Judge TTT."

We filed in May, had our 341 on July 1 and my 60 days is up on Aug 31.

Sept 22??

What does all this mean? This is all I can find on Pacer.
    Ch. 7
    Filed: 05/07/2009
    341: 07/01/2009
    Discharged AND closed: 09/29/2009

There could be any number of reasons. Your original judge may have retired, resigned, or been removed from office. Your case may be on hold while this transition takes place.

Without going back on your posts, are you an Asset case, or a No Asset case?

Good luck to you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I'm no asset. Didn't know if this was a bad thing or not.
      Ch. 7

Comment

I got the same notice on PACER yesterday. After investigating a little bit, I found the actual Administrative Order 2009-1 on my local BK court site, and all of my judge's cases are being transferred to the other judge.

I believe we may be in the same district - the dates are exactly the same.

~JAG
        Chapter 7 - Pro Se
        Filed: 08/10/09 --- 341 Meeting: 09/08/09
        Last Day for Objections: 11/09/09
        Discharged and Closed: 11/12/09

Comment

Justagirl, that's pretty funny...looks like rain out there, doesn't it?

I was concerned that this was a precursor to bad stuff, like a Ch 13 move.

Hopefully it doesn't delay us much.
          Ch. 7

Comment

Yes, it looks like it may rain at any time! Oh wait, a light rain, just a sprinkle, has started...looks like I won't be lounging in the yard today!

I thought the same thing when I saw that order - I honestly thought my case had been flagged for something and I almost passed out! LOL

Good luck with everything, I'm sure it will all be over for you quite soon!

~JAG
            Chapter 7 - Pro Se
            Filed: 08/10/09 --- 341 Meeting: 09/08/09
            Last Day for Objections: 11/09/09
            Discharged and Closed: 11/12/09

Comment

What a coincidence. I filed in Orlando on 5/28, 341 on 7/1 and last day to object is 8/31. However, after my 341, I was selected for audit and the NO_CLOSE flag is still there. Since the UST has not filed any objections and apparently there were no material misstatements in the audit, my case should get discharged on 9/1 or shortly thereafter. Looks like you will not have any problems and here's wishing you the best.
              Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

it's an administrative order having nothing to do with your specific case. don't worry about a thing.
                filed ch7 May 09
                341 june 09
                discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Whew, thanks!

I'm so close to 60 days and all I want to see on Pacer is NOTHING! (And then CLOSED). Lol
                  Ch. 7

Comment

no! you want to see nothing, then DISCHARGE, then closed. you don't want to see closed without discharge!!
                    filed ch7 May 09
                    341 june 09
                    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Whoops!
                      Ch. 7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse