top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Ok To Still Pay On Your CredIT Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is It Ok To Still Pay On Your CredIT Cards?

I have been some payments. Not high ones. My brother got very ill and we almost lost him. I spent over a month at the hospital icu. I didnt make the min on these cards and the payments are to high. Doesnt it make a difference as long as it isnt 600.00 to one? Can they still object as long as i been making payments i have talked to them but i know that doesnt matter i cant give them what they want.thanks lindsey

Don't pay them.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I am goiing thur a divorce. I used my cards and cash advance i cant remember how payments i made. I am filing in oct.so it will be six months from the advance. Only thing bought was a computer. No trips or anything like that. I told my attorney what i did. He said its not fraud as long as ninety days passed. I had to use them supporting my daughter. I get disability. My husb has not supported me in years.but i know you said not pay them but does it hurt to pay/ i am so nervous and cant eat nor sleep. I know we all are. Thanks to many of all your replies. Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by sostressed58 View Post
        i am goiing thur a divorce. I used my cards and cash advance i cant remember how payments i made. I am filing in oct.so it will be six months from the advance. Only thing bought was a computer. No trips or anything like that. I told my attorney what i did. He said its not fraud as long as ninety days passed. I had to use them supporting my daughter. I get disability. My husb has not supported me in years.but i know you said not pay them but does it hurt to pay/ i am so nervous and cant eat nor sleep. I know we all are. Thanks to many of all your replies. Lindsey
        wow sorry i cant spell

Comment

Don't worry, no one here will judge you on a spelling error. We have all, well alot of us have been in the beginning stages of BK and can well remember how nerve racking it can be. Your attorney is advising correctly, do not pay, do not charge. Wait to file until the proper amount of time has passed. I am unsure on advances if you should continue with min payments or not.

We did a stupid thing before we accepted our situation or before a cc upped our rate to a point we couldn't pay, we charge a luxury item. Right under the $1K mark, so we had to wait to file due to that. We never made one single payment, we couldn't. In our situtation we waited well over a year to file. It has not been an issue so I am glad we held off on filing.

Anyway, don't panic, it will all work out. Good luck!
          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
            Don't worry, no one here will judge you on a spelling error. We have all, well alot of us have been in the beginning stages of BK and can well remember how nerve racking it can be. Your attorney is advising correctly, do not pay, do not charge. Wait to file until the proper amount of time has passed. I am unsure on advances if you should continue with min payments or not.

We did a stupid thing before we accepted our situation or before a cc upped our rate to a point we couldn't pay, we charge a luxury item. Right under the $1K mark, so we had to wait to file due to that. We never made one single payment, we couldn't. In our situtation we waited well over a year to file. It has not been an issue so I am glad we held off on filing.

In my situation, I had been using my cards up to my filing but it was for groceries, prescriptions and the such. My lawyer said I should be OK..Lord I hope so. When I described some of my charges, even the property taxes I put on a card, he seemed to think that they won't even bat an eye. I guess that shows you how bad things really are in the midwest...60 days for a 341 hearing.

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply. I will try to be calm. R u saying one k as into one thousand? Thanks again you all r great! Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post

Thankl you so much. And Good Luck To You Too!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X