Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving money/income after filing Chapter 7

Hi,

I pass the means test and I am negative a few hundred dollars. I plan to file on Sept. 4th. My job is giving us a cash payout award at the end of the year.

Should I tell the attorney about this now? Could it impact my means test even after I file and then disqualify me for a Chapter 7?

I am not sure if this would be considered income or asset. It is more of a company "stock-like" that is housed in with Fidelity but has a different account number than my 401k which is also with Fidelity. At first I thought it was all a part of my 401k but now I am not sure since my employer gives us a check for the amount when it matures which is about 3-4 years. You cannot cash it in early or anything like that. It maybe about $6900.

You will have to disclose on Schedule I any anticipated increase in income during the next year after filing and for sure, the trustee will take it.
    Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

i totally disagree with aljohnson. plenty of people plan their filing so that their 6 month look back period will not include end-of-year bonuses.

i don't think the trustee can take it. it's not an inheritance. it's part of the debtor's new start.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X