top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The debtmonster finally had the 341 yesterday! Making you proud!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The debtmonster finally had the 341 yesterday! Making you proud!!

Woo hooooooooooooooo! I finally did it!!!

I AM OFFICIALLY IN THE 60 DAY CLUB!!

And sure enough, YES, I was able to take a camera phone in there! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

They did, however, make us go through an X-Ray machine. They made us take out our keys and wallet just like you have to at an airport. On top of that, you need a picture ID to walk in. No drivers license, no way to get in.

Before getting there, all I could do was imagine hundreds of people waiting there. I was DEAD WRONG. I paid for several hours of parking outside all for nothing. I got in 15 minutes prior to my meeting. I think everyone there was only there to file bankruptcy. Look at the picture and see how empty the room was. I was in absolute shock! All I saw were people going bankrupt. NOT ONE SINGLE CREDITOR SHOWED FOR ANYONE! WOW!!

The trustee was sitting at the desk behind that guy. He was straight forward and to the point. A paralegal was there representing our attorney's firm.

They took our license and social security card. They put a tape recorder on and asked us some basic questions. He held up all of the paperwork that we signed at they attorney's office and asked if we read it and if was true and correct. He then asked us if we transferred any property in the past 2 years. He asked what we were planning to do with both of our vehicles. I told him we were giving them back. He replied, "Ah, cleaning the slate, huh?"

He then instructed us to take some paperwork and to wait 60 days for a card in the mail stating that we are discharged.

I found a local car dealer up the street and they said they would hold the note like a buy-here pay-here if I wanted to. I asked my attorney about getting a car right now and he stated to wait until November before doing anything. So now I will sit tight and just wait it out.

I would have taken more pictures, but they had security and cameras all over the place, all in the inside and walkout around the outside of the building. I thought the inside of the 341 meeting would be enough for people here to get an idea what it looks like. As you can see, there's no real faces to be made out there. But you get the general idea.

We sat all the way in the back of the room. The paralegal found us and called us out of the room and explained the questions that were going to be asked of us. We did not have to do much of anything except answer a few simple yes or no answers. It's almost like the trustee was in a rush to get to the next person, even though there were only 5 people being processed every 30 minutes. It barely took 4 minutes for us to get through our little process.

When it was all over, I was like, "That's it?!?!?!! It's done?!! WOW!!!!!!" So simple and painless.

I was on the phone with my cousin today and he REAMED ME A NEW ONE for filing bankruptcy. He told me that I should have made payment plans and paid the $150,000+ in non-secured debt back. He said he was in the same boat and had his house foreclosed on and also owed $150,000. He said he eventually paid it all back. Thing is, he makes well over 6-figures while I am barely making $33k/yr. after expenses. Oh well.

I'm glad that's over with. Now I just have to wait until November until we can car shop. I just hope that the banks don't try to get a lift of the automatic stay.

We got a packet in the mail the other day from the attorney representing our mortgage. This is what it says:

MOTION FOR RELIEF FROM STAY
    "Any interested party who fails to file and serve a written response to this motion within 15 days after the date of service stated in this motion shall, pursuant to Local Rule 4001-1(C), be deemed to have consented to the entry of an order granting the relief requested in the motion."
    TO THE HONORABLE JUDGE OF SAID COURT:
    Comes now, XXXXXXXXXX MORTGAGE, LLC ("Movant"), its successors and/or assigns, seeking modification of the automatic stay pursuant to 362(d)(1) and (d)(2) of the Bankruptcy Code and would show the Court a follows:
    1. On ___DATE___, (My name) and (My wife's name) ("Debtor" as used herein shall include both Debtors in a joint case), filed for relief under Chapter 7 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.

Blah blah blah and a whole bunch of other legal mumbo jumbo.

We still have a lot of stuff in the house. I am just wondering how long can it be before they put locks on the doors. Can they lock our stuff in there before the discharge? We have all of our appliances and some furniture in there.

Congrats! Glad it went well.
    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

debtmonster, i don't think you said that loud (large) enough. hey, can't you find bigger fonts for heaven's sakes??!?

'grats on getting to this stage.

that 341 room looks much bigger than the room i had mine in. there were more like 6 people in mine though, looked full in comparison...
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Will the bankruptcies all show up on my credit report right now or does it all start after the actual discharge date? I don't want to pay for any reports right now to see. One thing I want to know is my credit score. It was 476 not long ago. I am wondering if it will go up because of the discharged or down because of so many people not being paid?

I just need it to go over 640 so we can have hope of renting any places.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
          Will the bankruptcies all show up on my credit report right now or does it all start after the actual discharge date? I don't want to pay for any reports right now to see. One thing I want to know is my credit score. It was 476 not long ago. I am wondering if it will go up because of the discharged or down because of so many people not being paid?

Congrats on your painless 341! My bankruptcy showed up on my credit reports the day after I filed, so I am sure yours is on there by now.

The picture of the room really helped me get a feel for things. My 341 is Wednesday.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I hope you read those signs in the red on the wall. Just kidding.

Congrats..
            Last edited by shabam; 08-29-2009, 08:07 PM.
            My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
            posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

The Public Record for the Bankruptcy probably started showing up on your reports within a week or so of filing.

You should request your three free annual credit reports (or the free ones you get if you were recently denied credit) and look at your old accounts. Make sure they are properly reporting.

I had to dispute several of mine to get them to update as $0 Balance and Included In Bankruptcy. And you might need to dispute the same account three separate times (once for each bureau).

I saw a decent jump once my BK posted and the accounts I disputed updated to $0 balance. Still a bad score, but much better.

Comment

Originally posted by jadams View Post
                You should request your three free annual credit reports (or the free ones you get if you were recently denied credit) and look at your old accounts. Make sure they are properly reporting.

I had to dispute several of mine to get them to update as $0 Balance and Included In Bankruptcy. And you might need to dispute the same account three separate times (once for each bureau).

I saw a decent jump once my BK posted and the accounts I disputed updated to $0 balance. Still a bad score, but much better.
                My attorney said that he does that as part of his fee. He runs a credit report and follows up with all of my creditors who do not mark it as a $0 balance after the discharge. That's why I am so glad I switched attorneys. He has a whole check and balance system in place and has a lot of employees working for him to make sure everything is in check.

I will probably run the report a month or so after discharge to see what happens and pay extra for the part that tells you your credit score.

Comment

Congrats debtmonster, I'm very happy the 341 went well for you! But, I must say, that you have much more courage than I do...I was so nervous about my 341, my whole BK even, that I wouldn't have even taken the chance to do something that might be "frowned" upon or even not permitted such as taking a photo in the meeting room.

Best wishes for the rest of your case.

Comment

Well now the 2 year clock starts on your keeping the BMW from the creditor. Let us know how that works out for you.
                    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                      Well now the 2 year clock starts on your keeping the BMW from the creditor. Let us know how that works out for you.
                      I am really getting tired of all of your negative, condescending, wise-crack and personal attacks on my posts. If you don't have anything positive to say or anything that will benefit others, then just shut the hell up.

Comment

I am really getting tired of all of your negative, condescending, wise-crack and personal attacks on my posts. If you don't have anything positive to say or anything that will benefit others, then just shut the hell up.
                        Uh....okay....I was asking because you specifically advised us on this forum that that was your INTENTION. Please don't be upset with me if you have since discovered that plan isn't in your best interest.

For the sake of others who may contemplate that approach to keeping a car post-bk can you elaborate on why you chose to abandon that tactic?
                        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                          Uh....okay....I was asking because you specifically advised us on this forum that that was your INTENTION. Please don't be upset with me if you have since discovered that plan isn't in your best interest.

For the sake of others who may contemplate that approach to keeping a car post-bk can you elaborate on why you chose to abandon that tactic?
                          I am not abandoning it. If it works, it works. You all said that it won't work, so I am trusting you to have more experience in this issue than I am.

The fact is that plan "IS" in my "best interest". But if it doesn't work, then I need a contingency plan. That contingency plan is to either make a cash offer to the bank or go out and try to buy a car from a dealer or at some kind of car auction.

My lawyer was able to keep that one client in his car for a very long time. Maybe his circumstances were different than mine. Who knows? But what if I plan on keeping my car only to get a rude awakening that I really can't? I don't want to be caught with my pants down. You always hope for the best and plan for the worst.

Planning is the key and that's the whole reason why we are all here, right? Let's share plans and help each other with ideas.

Comment

congrats debtmonster...my 341 in los angeles, no metal detector, no cameras, no security personal(only at the door of the main entrance), in fact, know one to advise, explain, no sign-in sheet, but about a hundred people. if it wasnt for a cool paralegal that was there with someone else, i wouldnt have had a clue what to do, where to wait, where to see days schedule(it was a hand written note tacked to the wall in the corner, real hi-tech). or that i needed to fill out some special paperwork prior to seeing the tt cuz i was Pro Se. not really set up Pro Se friendly. hope your wait goes faster than mine, im at day 116, still nothing. good luck

Comment

congrats debtmonster!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X