People who went through bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who went through bankruptcy

Interesting article that somebody just emailed me after they learned of my bankruptcy:

If everyones BK was so cookie cutter an article like that would prove useful. To me it's just as interesting as a few people telling of their first airplane trip. No two are going to be the same.
    Articles give people false hopes and false fears, but thats just my opinion.
    So one guy jumped in the water and made it. The other hit a rock two inches below the surface. In bk you can't test the waters.

I enjoy talking nonsense.

Comment

It's there for people to learn. It was bankruptcy related, so I posted it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I think it's interesting more of these articles and information and coming out in the mainstream media. Sign of the times.
        Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
        341 Meeting 09/09/09
        Discharged 11/12/09
        Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I thought it was an interesting article. I find other BK stories very interesting. Since I do not discuss this with friends or family all my info comes off the net. So thanks for posting.
          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

nice link, thanx
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09
            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
              I thought it was an interesting article. I find other BK stories very interesting. Since I do not discuss this with friends or family all my info comes off the net. So thanks for posting.
              I feel the same way. My friends and family do not know about the BK.
              I enjoyed the read.

Thank You
              8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
              11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

DM and all above: Have you not noticed the vast amount of newbies here? We have been members for less than two years, and I hardly see the amount of regulars anymore as the newbies are popping up everywhere. (Many with the same questions we all asked). Yes even on Clark Howard (a financial expert for cheapness) stated that there will soon be more "homeless" people. I was amazed as it was so out of his usual line. I also feel there will be much more crime as the UC runs out and people start getting really desperate. Only my opinion. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks, DM for posting this link. It was interesting and from what I have learned, not one BK case is alike, each is different, can be successful and can be problematic.

AngelinaCat, yes I noticed that too about alot of newbies popping up like myself I bet there will be alot more newbies to come to the forum in the near future. It is the sign of the times now.
                  Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                  Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Like the others, I don't discuss my BK with anyone, so I love coming here and "sharing" info.

DM: Thanks for posting the link. Interesting.
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                      DM and all above: Have you not noticed the vast amount of newbies here? We have been members for less than two years, and I hardly see the amount of regulars anymore as the newbies are popping up everywhere. 'Hub
                      Hi 'hub
                      Yes, I noticed this too. I also noticed that the "new posts" are getting longer (per page). When I get home from work, I like to come here and check out the new posts in both ch 7 and ch 13 forums, now the "new posts" are 2-3 pages long on the ch 7 board alone!! Gesh! Now, I have to "pick and choose" which posts I would like to look at since I don't have time to read them all!
                      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Sign of the times.

I was speaking with my bk attorney and he mentioned that once people start getting collection letters that look like they came from a legal firm is when he gets most of his calls.

His thought is people think -"uh oh, a letter from a lawyer, I better get my own lawyer" then they get referred to a bk lawyer by there personal lawyer.

Seems these companies are shooting themselves in the foot. As the collections get more aggressive, more people will seek the help of a lawyer. Maybe they should offer ways to help instead of jacking up the rates!

Wow! Too much coffee for me again!

Comment

Originally posted by goingcrzy View Post
                          Sign of the times.

I was speaking with my bk attorney and he mentioned that once people start getting collection letters that look like they came from a legal firm is when he gets most of his calls.

His thought is people think -"uh oh, a letter from a lawyer, I better get my own lawyer" then they get referred to a bk lawyer by there personal lawyer.

Seems these companies are shooting themselves in the foot. As the collections get more aggressive, more people will seek the help of a lawyer. Maybe they should offer ways to help instead of jacking up the rates!

Wow! Too much coffee for me again!
                          Ha! I agree, but I was fortunate enough to have found this site and visit the collections forum before I defaulted, so I knew what to expect when the calls/letters from the "Law Firms" came in. Only ONE call got to me...it was from a guy at the "Law Firm" and he was like, "Okay Liz417, the game IS OVER..." I was so scared listening to my phone while he left the message, then I remember that these are just threats, nothing was going to happen I filed a year after I stopped paying my creditors
                          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                            Yes even on Clark Howard (a financial expert for cheapness) stated that there will soon be more "homeless" people. I was amazed as it was so out of his usual line.
                            I have started hearing Dave Ramsey recommend BK to people in foreclosure. Sign of the times, indeed. He used to be vehemently against it (although he BK'd himself).

Comment

As a 'newbie' I have to let 'Hub and some of the other senior members know how much I appreciate this forum and their information. It has made my journey so much easier and has helped me prepare. Unfortunately, I can't talk to many friends or family about it, as most others here can probably relate. You're still a bit of a pariah for filing BK in today's society.
                              Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                              341 Meeting 09/09/09
                              Discharged 11/12/09
                              Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X