Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tuesday with the UST

Hi All,

I need to sleep but I'm too wired. I have my 341 today at 11:00 AM and I have already been informed that the UST's office will have a representative there.

The UST's office has been involved for a few weeks now because I am self employed. I've already provided a lot of additional information and my attorney tells me not to worry but I just can't help it. All of my schedules can be 100% backed up with documentation and I haven't hid anything. I know it will probably be fine in the end but worrying about a normal 341 is bad enough and now this.

Oh well... wish me luck!
    Filed Chapter 7 7/24/2009
    UST Has Questions :unsure: 08/11/2009
    341 Completed !!! 9/1/2009 :clapping:
    DISCHARGED 11/10/2009 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

ugh typo. Sorry for the double post!

Comment

You sound like you have all your bases covered. Good luck!

Comment

I hope things go well for you. Update when you can!
        Last edited by killinstinct; 08-31-2009, 11:36 PM. Reason: Misread the time of the original post
        Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
        341 Meeting 09/09/09
        Discharged 11/12/09
        Closed 12/14/09

Comment

It is normal for the UST to 'attend' your 341 if you have a small business or if you are over median income or if you have large debt. The UST was at my first 341 via phone. The panel trustee had most of the questions and the UST just added a few at the end. Like you I had all of my documentation prepared before filing. My 341 was continued just so the trustee had time to review all of the documentation. Everything was fine and I was discharged.

BTW, the trustee and UST are there to find assets for the BK estate. So they usually show up if they think there are assets to be found. If you have all of your documentation, then it is not something to worry about - it is just one more hoop to jump through, but you will make it. Those that don't make it are the ones that don't have the documentation.
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

When we got to our 341 our lawyer told us the UST had been investigating our business for 2 weeks. It is a sole prop. They had completed their investigation and withdrew any objections. The lawyer didn't tell us about the investigation until the 341 because he said we were well documented and they had all of the information from us that the UST needed. The 341 went fine. The trustee at the 341 didn't even mention the UST. If my lawyer hadn't told me about the investigation I never would have known.

Comment

Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I'm heading to the 341 now. I'll update everyone when it's over.

Comment

please do... good luck!

Comment

You'll do fine....
                  Good Luck!
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Well I'm back from the 341. I was at the southern ohio court in Columbus, Ohio. There were 3 separate "hearing rooms" for meetings with 3 different trustees. I was able to watch two people go before me and they were really quick (5-8 minutes) and were just asked standard questions.

My hearing took about 20 minutes because there were a number of secured items that the trustee was verifying liens on. I also had a number of questions about my business (what I did, how I was paid, are there any receivables that I didn't report, etc.)

The best part is that even though I was told the UST's office would have someone there they didn't show!!!!!! I was sooooo relieved! My attorney said that most likely the are done looking at me and have no other questions. I'll keep my fingers crossed but it looks good.

I guess I'm finally in the 60 day club!!!

One thing I did note that I wanted to pass along. If anyone purchased a new or used vehicle before filing make sure you take not only the title but also the sales agreement. For some reason the trustee wanted it and made the comment that nobody thinks to bring it. Luckily my attorney knew this and had a copy for him.

Comment

Grats! Welcome to the club! Odd about the car though... I purchased a new car 3 months before I filed and was never asked about it at all.
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

it may be a local court rule. He said that they can't close the BK without the document. I purchased my car 4 weeks before filing while I still had good credit. I picked up 15 mpg and dropped the payment $300 from the old car that I was 16,000 upside down in.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                          Grats! Welcome to the club! Odd about the car though... I purchased a new car 3 months before I filed and was never asked about it at all.
                          I agree, we were never questioned about our vehicles... we financed one right before filing (to replace the one we surrenderd) ...we also sold dh's paid for (exempted) truck & bought another truck (also exempt)...all this was in our schedules but nothing was said about it at all. We had the usual 10 q's from the trustee & that was it.

Congrats & welcome to the 60 day club!!
                          Filed 8/2009
                          Discharged & Closed 11/2009
                          Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Hope your 60 days flys by.

Comment

Congrats on a successful 341! Mine is tomorrow so wish me luck.
                              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X