Who sends what to who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who sends what to who?

Well, I filed on Monday - 341 is set for 10/5, and today I get the letter from the TT requesting all sorts of paperwork.

Most of the items on the list I've already given to my attorney - is HE supposed to send this stuff to the trustee? or am I supposed to do it?

I've got an email into the attorney asking that question - but I figured I'd probably get a quicker response from you folks.
    Moving ahead with my fresh start!
    Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
    TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
    Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

i didn't have to provide anything, but i'm sure it's the lawyer. check the letter from the TT and see if your lawyer got a copy. your lawyer probably anticipated this request and therefore got the documents from you ahead of time so he can provide them easily to the TT.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Last 2 cents:
      our tt did the same thing our atty told us that 4 out of the 7 do this so be ready for the letter to come and reply quickly. As our luck would have it we got one who wanted the information. We sent it with a return reciept or proof of mailing so we could prove we sent it, if we needed.
      At the 341 the TT thanks us and gave the papers back. He was able to review the paperwork before so it help us be done faster.
      I would call my atty office or wait for the reply to the email as to how your atty wants you to handle it.

here's wishing you luck.

Comment

Is the letter from the TT or your lawyer? When we had to provide stuff the trustee contacted our lawyer and he then sent a letter to us requesting the information. My advice is try to do everything through your lawyer. That's why you hired him after all. BTW: I faxed and emailed all the info the TT requested to my lawyer's office.

Comment

The letter is from the TT himself, and it makes no mention of being also sent to my attorney.

I'm still waiting to hear from the attorney. If I have to send them myself, it's no big deal - but I don't want to duplicate the lawyer's efforts ....
          Moving ahead with my fresh start!
          Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
          TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
          Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Comment

Don't worry about duplicating the lawyer's efforts. Just do what is requested. As long as you are cooperating, you have nothing to worry about at this point.

Don't hold your breath waiting to hear from your lawyer. You will find in most cases they have no urgency when it comes to your BK. Even if you are paniced they are not. So just do what is requested and take it one day at a time. Good luck!

Comment

I know what a UST is. What is a TT?

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                Trustee
                Filed 5/29/09
                Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                  I think that is short for TrusTee...