Documents for 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documents for 341

Anybody have advice on most important documents to bring to your 341? (Besides ID and SS Card). We've recieved nothing from the court/trustee/lawyer. Our lawyer just wanted bank statements and forwarded those on. I want to bring stuff just to be sure. Last 2 tax returns, petition, pay stubs, etc. Any thoughts?
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

I asked my attorney the same thing and he said just bring your bank statements, DL and SSN. I am also bringing my divorce decree just in case the trustee wanted confirmation that I was truly divorced and no other adults living with me besides my daughters in my residence
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

How many months of bank statement are your attorneys requesting that you bring?

Comment

According to my attorney up to 6 months bank statements.
        Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
        Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Also, at least 7 days prior to your 341, you are sussposed to send to the case TT your last two tax returns and I would bring copies with me just in case. Maybe your attorney has already done it.
          Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

Here is what my trustee looked at at my 341:

1. 8 months of bank account statements
            2. Two years of tax returns. He really focused on the refund
            3. My unemployment insurance "paystubs"
            4. He wanted details on all deposits over $1000 (he didn't ask for receipts on what I spent it on, but I had to provide an explanation at the 341)
            5. He looked very closely at the appraisal of my 2004 saab that I exempted, ie, he looked at the kbb report.

Now my case was that I had a formerly high income before I got laid off in Jan, and I have over 100k in unsecured debt. Most other people were just asked to show recent pay stubs, their tax return from last year, and details on any large assets they were exempting (cars, trailers, boats, etc).
            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by ForumReader View Post
              According to my attorney up to 6 months bank statements.
              My trustee wanted a year of bank statements from everyone. He only looked back 8 months on mine though, and only looked back six months on most other people in the room.
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                My trustee wanted a year of bank statements from everyone. He only looked back 8 months on mine though, and only looked back six months on most other people in the room.
                It depends on the district. For instance, in our district it is just 2 months of paystubs and 1 month's bank statement that includes the filing date. Check with the clerk, they will know.

Comment

I just received an email from my attorney yesterday attaching a copy of documents the trustee wants in advance of our 341 on September 21:

1. Title or memorandum of title of all vehicles owned by debtor;
                  2. Proof of insurance for the vehicles and all real estate owned by debtor;
                  3. A current statement from the lender showing the balance owed on the vehicles;
                  4. A statement from mortgage company showing balance due as of date of filing;
                  5. Copies of all life insurance and annunities polices and a statement as to the current cash value;
                  6. Copies of all bank and credit union statements, (all pages), for all accounts in the debtor(s) name or in which the debtor deposited funds for the three (3) months prior to the filing through the filing date;
                  7. Copies of all divorce decree and separate agreements if divorced in the two (2) yaers prior preceeding the filing;
                  8. HUD I settlement statement for any real estate sol or refinances within two (2) years of the filing;
                  9. The name, address and phone number of every individual to whom the debtor is obligated to make support payments.

My attorney wants the documents in advance so she can send them over to the trustee before the meeting but the letter indicates this information should be available at the schedule 341 examination.
                  Filed: 8-19-09
                  341: 9-21-09
                  Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Wow. Thanks everyone. My attorney just wanted bank statements for the month of filing. Nothing else. I never got any request for anything from the court, trustee, etc. My attorney had tax returns, etc. months ago, though, so I imagine it was forwarded if necessary. I will compile everything and bring it all just in case! Better to be overprepared I imagine!
                    341 Meeting 09/09/09
                    Discharged 11/12/09
                    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I just noticed you are in the same district as I am. You do not need all that stuff, but bring it if it will make you feel more prepared.

Comment

Thanks BKmaggster. I'm feeling a bit on edge.
                        341 Meeting 09/09/09
                        Discharged 11/12/09
                        Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Provided my lawyer six months of bank, six months of pay and two years of tax returns. TT verified with me six months of pay last year of taxes and six months of bank statements. Just ask,ed about older but not wanted to see anything(think my lawyer is a tt also which may help in preparing)
                          Filed 07/30/09
                          341 9/4/09
                          Discharged 9/11/09

Comment

I think it's a good idea to bring everything you can think of -- just to be prepared.

However, we only had to show our DL and SS cards. The TT had us review and confirm the paperwork he had (bank statements, tax returns, etc.)

We were below median and like $40k unsecured, so that may be why he didn't make a big deal about it. Dunno. I brought everything just in case.

For us it was really simple and low-key. Hoping the same for you!
                            Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                            341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X