top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let this be a lesson to all out there..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let this be a lesson to all out there..........

BANKS SUCK!

A few months before I filed I worked my butt off to pay off my JC Penney card and my HSBC card. I had to file BK7 this summer and thought I'd have those cards as emergency things pop up. I had the limits lowered before paying them off. I am a few days from discharge and I just got off PACER.
    The idiots closed those cards.

So for whatever it's worth to you guys out there planning to file...........

DON'T EVEN BOTHER TRYING TO PAY ANYONE OFF out of the goodness of your heart, etc................I certainly could have used that 3K this summer and instead they got their money and I got to lose those cards!

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH

Yep.... My lawyer just advised me to stop paying on everything but my house and 2 cars. Don't worry, rumor has it you will have offers flooding your mailbox. Don't give into temptation and get credit cards again
    -------
    Converted to Chap 13 from Chap 7 Feb 28
    341 April 16...

Comment

Originally posted by notadeadbeat View Post
      DON'T EVEN BOTHER TRYING TO PAY ANYONE OFF out of the goodness of your heart, etc................I certainly could have used that 3K this summer and instead they got their money and I got to lose those cards!

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH
      Besides which, you paying those cards off, and NOT paying any of your other creditors within the six to nine months before you filed, can be seen as making 'preferrential payments' which is not allowed. The good news there is that the trustee may seek to go after those creditors to get that money back.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I know several that have made this mistake, that is paying them off.
        Many companies close accounts even if you have a $0 balance as they have a right under your agreement to check your credit.
        When they find out you filed, they closed your account.
        Why? Beats me. You can't file again and you didn't go bad on them.
        And if you want out of all those credit offers and such you can go to www.optoutprescreen.com and stop them from coming to your mailbox.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X