722 redemption same as 910 claim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

722 redemption same as 910 claim?

I have a autoloan from Capital one auto. I purchased it exaclly 2 years ago today. I owe $10,200 but the current value of the car is roughly $4500. I am not behind on my payments or anything but it would be great if I can reduce this debt. My lawyer said he would talk to me about a cram down claim also known as a 910 claim. However in order to qualify for this we would have to have owned the car atleast 910 days. Which we havent. From my understanding with a cram down loan the creditor is forced to reduce the price to the current market value and I would continue paying the creditor for the loan?

I have also heard of and been looking into a 722 redemption where the difference between what I owe and the current value would be discharged and a lump sum would have to be paid to the creditor to relieve me of that loan. I have found companies online that will give 722 loans out but my question is to qualify for this must I meet the same criteria and have owned the car atleast 910 days? Also will the creditor have a say and be able to reject the offer or are they bound by the law to accept whatever the court determines is the current value?

Bottom line is a cram down 910 claim the same as a 722 redemption of my vehicle?
    Thanks
    Kel

722 is for chapter 7.

910 rule is for cram down in chapter 13.

They are totally different things.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X