No announcement yet.

accepting a better job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was only making somewhere around $75k a year but still have over $100k in unsecured credit. When I 1st spoke with my lawyer, he did say it "would" be better if I did not get work until after filing to stay well below median... but, it does start to sound "fishy". But, it's all done now. Now, he said it's ok to start working again.. but I'm scared. I'll just wait until after the 341 Meeting anyways... besides, with this economy, I'll probably be lucky to get a $50k job. Ironically, I'd probably be better off because I won't have to make anymore debt payments!
    Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

I went to a reaffirmation hearing today. I had been worried because I changed jobs after my 341.

Judge was very cool guy. Asked if I still worked ____________? I said no, I just changed to a new job. He says great! I hope you are making a lot more money.

I laughed, he approved 1 of my reafs, and talked me out of the other. Told me good luck and to have a nice life with my fresh start.

I hope this answers a lot of peoples questions about when or if it is ok to get a better job before discharge.
      Filed 6/23/09
      341 7/16/09 (seemed to go well)
      60 days 9/14/09

Comment

Thanks for the update Chuck. Yeah so far my experience has been a breeze. People are doing their jobs, but it seems as long as you have your crap together they just want to see people move ahead in life...I even got that from our TT.
        Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
        341 Meeting 09/09/09
        Discharged 11/12/09
        Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X