top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 metting OCT 31 (The day from hell!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 metting OCT 31 (The day from hell!!!!)

I filed an emergency petition pro se on Oct 4th and was given Oct 31 as my 341 meeting date. They also gave me 15 days to get the rest of my schedules in. An emergeny petition is just the petition and the statement of social security numbers. Anyway I got the schedules in on Oct 18th one day before the sue date. Yet there was still another form that I didn't turn in. The clerk gave me the form and I wasn't going to be able to make it back to the courthouse before the due date. Nevertheless, I mailed it overnight and saw that it was delivered along with an installment payment.

Ok, everything is fine, right? WRONG I stay up all night doing some work for my job and putting the finishing touches on my amended schedules. Yeah, no sleep at all. My kids wake up too sick to go to school. So they have to go with us. We get there and there is a line way out the door. When we finally get inside we are told that our case is continued and that there is a motion to dismiss. I scrounge around trying to find out what the deal is. Come to find out that all my schedules had not been turned in. The clerk goes to the back to check. She comes back with my date stamped schedules that had never been put in the system. Mind you when I went in that day at 4:30pm there was no one else in the office. The clerk's excuse?
    "We had 2000 petitions that's what happened." Never once did she apologize. So now I have to call around and try to get it straightened out with the trustee. AND I NOW HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NOV. 28 for another 341 meeting. WHAT A DRAG. I would have been discharged before 1/1/06, but not now.

To top it all off. I go back to work to pick up my paycheck, which I needed like a week ago, and it's in the safe. The boss is a meeting and I can't wait because I have to go to my part-time job.

It was just a bad day all around. The sad part is if we make a mistake in paying a bill to the government or to a creditor we have to pay, but if they make a mistake WE STILL HAVE TO PAY. Something is terribly wrong with that.
    "If the truth ceases to exist, then so shall we all."
    DEEJ

I am truly sorry that you have had realllllllly bad day. Let us know how it turns out with the trustee. But, I can about promise yours what not the only one either. There is probably no way it was JUST yours.
    I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

dont worry dtj. it only gets better from now on!

everything will be alright in the end. go with the flow and work each problem.

you are doing great!
      Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
      [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
      [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
      [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

Gosh, djt, sounds awful. Kids sick and in tow with you! Things gotta go up from here. Hope the little ones were well enough to enjoy a little of Halloween. Anyway, we are with you. Tie a knot and hang on!

Comment

Its good that you followed up and got it straightened out!

Hang in there-the worst should be over!
          Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Yes they were swamped the week of Oct 10th... but new petitions have dropped to nearly zero since Oct 17th... they should have time now to get caught up...
            I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
            10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
            10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
            10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
            11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
            01/16/06: Last day to file objections
            01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

I don't mind taking it on the chin when I do something wrong, but when it's someone else's fault I get really p-offed. Like when a credit card payment gets lost in the mail.

I called the trustee's office and they said that the motion to dismiss would not be filed if all paperwork had been turned in, and it has been NOW.

Another month to wait now. By the way I thought banks could not longer draft your account after you filed bk. My to car payments were payroll deducted and my mortgage payment was drafted from my account.
              "If the truth ceases to exist, then so shall we all."
              DEEJ

Comment

If these were transactions that you set up, you would have to stop them. (Especially your payroll deduction-your HR department wouldn't know to stop it.) If you set up on auto pay thru the creditor then I'm surprised...

Originally posted by djt
                I don't mind taking it on the chin when I do something wrong, but when it's someone else's fault I get really p-offed. Like when a credit card payment gets lost in the mail.

I called the trustee's office and they said that the motion to dismiss would not be filed if all paperwork had been turned in, and it has been NOW.

Another month to wait now. By the way I thought banks could not longer draft your account after you filed bk. My to car payments were payroll deducted and my mortgage payment was drafted from my account.
                Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Staci, that did happen to me. I had set up autopay with the very harrassing Alliance one collection agency. Before I had a clue about all this they called me at work and basically told me that if I didn't set up something with them right then and there that I would be served papers at my place of employment that day "and you sure don't want that, do you?" Well, needless to say, out of shear fear and desperation, I set up the payments and then ended up filing bk. I called Alliance One, not one but 3 times, plus sent them a letter telling them to no longer debit my account. They continued to do it even after they got the bk papers. THEN the buttholes (excuse me please) had the audacity to call me at home and tell me that there was a problem with my payment when the payment bounced back. They were jerks, told me I was lying when I said I had called. Then said, yes they confirmed my Bk but I guess they thought I was really stupid or something and would not enforce my rights. When I read off to them what is stated on the Petition and told them that I would contact my lawyer and we would press for them to be fined, well, anyway, the guy hung up and I haven't heard from them again.

ANyway, the point of this long post is that even when you do all the things you are supposed to do to prevent the autodebit when you file bk they might still do it, as what happened to me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X