No announcement yet.

341 tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the update! I am so ready to get this over with...wish it was 4pm on Friday cause that would mean my 341 would be over with lol
    07/31/09 Filed Chapter 7
    09/11/09 341 Meeting{341 complete. that was easy!}
    waiting for discharge

Comment

You bet...good luck I'm sure you'll do great!!
      Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
      341 Meeting 09/09/09
      Discharged 11/12/09
      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Hey killin... great to hear yours was easy as well. We almost have the same bk stats (ie. large house to get out of, 104k unsecured) and it's good to see you guys are getting through it without too many difficulties as well.

That is funny he wants to try and sell your house. Mcmansions are a tough sell these days!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the 60 day club. Hope you and your wife have a relaxing, calm and peaceful ride to discharge day.
        Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Thanks NewLife. Yeah I was really sweating it out. My brother-in-law was a house flipper that went BK about five months ago and he kept telling me "I walked away from way more that you are....calm down".....he had like a half dozen properties, LLC, huge CC debt trying to keep the failing business afloat....he was right!!

He can have the freaking house!! UGH!!! That thing was killing me.....
          341 Meeting 09/09/09
          Discharged 11/12/09
          Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Have you moved out of the house yet?
            07/31/09 Filed Chapter 7
            09/11/09 341 Meeting{341 complete. that was easy!}
            waiting for discharge

Comment

Originally posted by MrJames View Post
              Have you moved out of the house yet?
              Yes. That was actually our first move. My wife and I thought maybe we could scrape through with "JUST" a foreclosure/short sale. Then I got worried about the 2nd coming after us and just got more realistic about our debt picture. The 1st mortgage aside, I still had a $30,000 HELOC (now unsecured due to falling house prices), another $30,000 or so in CC debt, plus collections, etc. my wife had been carrying around for years as a poor struggling single mom before we met.

So we moved out, tried for a short sale, never transpired, then over the last 6 months consulted with several atty's/financial experts who recommended BK. I've been fighting huge debt for years since my ex-divorce, and just not getting anywhere. BK was the only way out, it just took me a while to figure it out.

We considered staying 'rent free' and all that, but the house had bad juju (was my ex's and I's house) and we wanted to find a nice place to live before our credit got trashed....mine was stellar at the time (even though I was up to my eyeballs in debt)
              341 Meeting 09/09/09
              Discharged 11/12/09
              Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X