09/10 filed!! What happens next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09/10 filed!! What happens next?

Maybe I missed it, but this thursday our attorney will file our case and I am wondering how long does it take for a 7? I have see the 341?? and then 60 days.... does the 341 happen in 30 days so it is a 90 day deal? Thanks for you input.

Generally your 341 meeting will occur in about 30 days. It might be as long as six weeks depending on the backlog in your district. If you are a NO Asset case, then the 60 day countdown begins the day of your 341. Again whether the Discharge happens on Day 61 or later depend on your district. You will get paperwork with the schedule on it.

If your case is ruled AN Asset case, then the 60 day period for creditors to object to the discharge of their debt, could be extended. It depends on your individual circumstances and your district.

Good luck to you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

What is an asset cased? Thanks for your reply. There is so much to do. I need another DOT from GA and I have to order that on line. And an appraisal on a car that was damaged. Geesh...

Comment

Now I'm confused. The creditors have 60 days to object to a discharge of their debt, or to ask for an extension WITH REASON ie. as suspected fraud. I did not think a creditor could ask for an extension just for the heck of it. My 60 days are up Sept 18th and so far, no creditor objections. I am an asset case and the creditors have until 10/23 to file claims. So far, two have done so. Something else I should know so I have more to worry about?? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by want2save View Post
          Now I'm confused. The creditors have 60 days to object to a discharge of their debt, or to ask for an extension WITH REASON ie. as suspected fraud. I did not think a creditor could ask for an extension just for the heck of it. My 60 days are up Sept 18th and so far, no creditor objections. I am an asset case and the creditors have until 10/23 to file claims. So far, two have done so. Something else I should know so I have more to worry about?? LOL
          No, creditors cannot ask for an extension. If they object to their debt being discharged they have to file a Notice of Objection with the court. Or they can bring an Adversary Proceedure against the discharge of their debt. They have to have good reason for doing so as the burden of proof falls on them.

The 60 day period for creditors to object is mostly set in stone. However, there is an odd case here and there, when the Trustee decides that a case has assets above what is allowed or covered by exemptions. Then the court MAY grant an additional period of time for creditors to object, after they have been notified that the potential exists that funds may be available from the sale of those assets.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X