Should I worry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I worry?

I called our attorney today because we had asked to reaffirm and hadn't received papers yet. I had decided not to reaffirm after we filed but our papers said we would. So far nothing from either mortgage. They had nothing. So, no big deal. We won't have to worry about not reaffirming.

Then she asked if we received our paper saying no assets to distribute. We haven't. I am worried. We are due to discharge on Sept 18. I did go on Pacer and their is nothing after the trustees order of no distribution. That's it.

I looked at a few other ones filed before and after us, some had order of no distribution, some didn't. Should I worry? Could there be a problem? It is getting so close to discharge, I can't help but worry that there is a problem now. Why would they not have sent no distribution of assets yet? We are within the allowed exemptions for our district, close to the max but not by much.

The paralegal told me not to worry, we have had no activity since our 341, nothing. We are current on the house. We are going to keep the house, just now since we never received reaffirmation papers we figured we would ride thru. But could the fact we said we would reaffirm and they never sent the papers hold up our discharge?

I thought maybe someone would have some advice for us.
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Nothing like answering my own question here. I love this forum. Decided since no one responded to search on this forum closer for an answer, well I found it. It seems since the trustee did not file a presumption of abuse or an asset case within the 30 days since we had our 341, we are just waiting for the order of no asset and most likely it will come soon. My luck we are lost on someone's desk!

Anyway, seems I should have looked harder before posting my post LOL.
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Aww, that is okay. It is natural to worry especially being in a BK situation and making sure the process goes smoothly without any unpleasant surprises. I am sure your ONA will come through soon (Order of No Asset). Hang in there.
      Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
      Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Thanks!! I am a natural born worrier, my parents called me a worry wart when I was a child. If I had done what I advise others, I would have researched on here and found out, we are fine, just lost in the shuffle right now. Hope whoever it is with our case sitting on there desk finds it soon!! I want to this behind us, so we can move on.

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
          Thanks!! I am a natural born worrier, my parents called me a worry wart when I was a child. If I had done what I advise others, I would have researched on here and found out, we are fine, just lost in the shuffle right now. Hope whoever it is with our case sitting on there desk finds it soon!! I want to this behind us, so we can move on.
          Oh me too, I am such a worry wart, but people keep saying don't worry. Anyway, I am sure your case will be closed soon enough so that there will be no more worries for you regarding your BK.
          Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
          Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

when I check pacer there's only one thing that shows filed after the trustee put in his post 341 info of no distrubution and that is our post-bk counseling. I didn't know that we should also receive something in the mail showing no asset too. Now you have me worried LOL (yes, I'm a natural born worrier myself so I know just how ya feel ;)
            Filed 8/2009
            Discharged & Closed 11/2009
            Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

LOL sorry, I didn't realize that either until I spoke with our attorney. You just had your 341, so don't worry. From what I understand the trustee has 30 days from the date of the 341 to send any kind of presumption of abuse, so I am sure you're fine. I sure didn't mean to make you worry. I posted my thread before I did a search and saw that after the 30 day mark the trustee is out of the pic. So basically that tells me since I had had nothing posted since the 341 no distribution that all papers just got pushed to the side of someone's desk. My paralegal even confirmed my fears when I called back worried. She told me to stop worrying, enjoy my weekend and everything is fine. I honestly don't know how I missed knowing I should be looking for paper work in the mail regarding an ONA! And here I thought I knew exactly how it was suppose to go. Good thing I didn't know sooner or I probably would have been worrying for even longer.

Good luck and maybe we had the same trustee and our stuff is sitting on here desk!! LOL
              (Saw you a fellow Hoosier)

Comment

I know what ya mean, I thought I knew exactly how this went too .. so it really threw me off to read your post and then realize that we haven't gotten anything in the mail either I'm sure it just got lost in the shuffle and we'll receive it soon

Btw, if I remember right you had your 341 in Indy, didn't ya? Ours was in Lafayette (where we live)
                Filed 8/2009
                Discharged & Closed 11/2009
                Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X