need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help please

hi all! I am new to the site and am looking for advice/encouragement. my husband and i have been in ch. 13 for a year and I have switched jobs and lost p/t job i had..needless to say income decreased dramatically!!! We are converting to ch. 7 and hoping for a new start!! any words of wisdom that things will get better? We have less than 25K equity in our home and our lawyer has said we will not have to forfeit home but it is still scary! just wondering what others have gone through and what it is like? Another question I have is that we have a car lease that is very high & am considering forfeiting the car in filing, but wondering if I will be able to buy a less expensive used car after discharge? I appreciate any info...thanks!!!

Hi Nu!

Just wanted to say WELCOME! My 2 cents....read read read everything you can about BK. The stickies on all the forums are priceless! Learn all you can. Sounds like you have an attorney and are headed in the right direction to getting a FRESH START

Comment

you can buy anything you want after discharge.

things should get much better in the sense that your discharge will be in a few months rather than a few years. i would say that's an improvement
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

thank you 2b & music12...I hope by the end of the year I will be on the new road. My 341 is 10/21 and then 60 days after that for discharge, right? of course if there are no objections of course..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X