Telephone interview with trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telephone interview with trustee

Filed Chap 7 on July 28 in Florida and had my telephone interview this past Thursday. My only income is my retirement and going to meeting of creditors on Sept 18.
    Scared to death and wonder what other experiences were with telephone. interview with trustee

Hi Bubblebowl: welcome to the Forum.

Wow! Filed July 28, and you're only NOW getting to the 341? Wow, Florida courts must really be backed up!

But to answer your question: we had a telephonic interview with our Trustee, actually his assistant, a week before our actual 341. It basically served as a 'dress rehearsal' for the actual event. We were asked the same questions that we were at the 341--there may have been one or two different--but not many, if any.

In this telephonic interview, we were told what to bring with us, which we did. And that was that. We were put under oath just was we were at the 'real' 341. But there really were no differences between this an the actual event. Just bring whatever you may be instructed to bring, and that should be that.

Good luck to you!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks so much for quick reply

Never thought my life would come to this stage after 30 years of impeccable credit. Trustee is taking my car, but I have a 10 year old bomb and have learned from this experience.

Have been reading these posts for months trying to come to grips that I am not a failure and not alone.

Just want this over so I can rebuild my life, thank god for my pension so I won't lose my house.

Comment

Welcome BB, just as 'Cat said previously, it's nothing more than a formality, as long as you were honest with your paperwork. The phone interview gives you a pretty good idea of what the trustee will be asking you in court, and he actually remembered me when I appeared before him. Don't go into court "dripping" with jewelery, unless you wish to be questioned about it.

Comment

There's a phone interview??
          Stopped paying CC...April 2009
          Filed CH 7 no-asset...Aug. 19, 2009
          341 meeting...Sept. 22, 2009
          DISCHARGED Nov. 24, 2009 CLOSED Dec. 9, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by debtBgone View Post
            There's a phone interview??
            It seems to be only required in the Middle District of Florida.

Actually, I think every district should have it. It serves as a 'dress rehearsal' for the real thing. Any mistakes or errors found then can be corrected beforehand.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Oh...okay! Thanks for clearing that up!
              Stopped paying CC...April 2009
              Filed CH 7 no-asset...Aug. 19, 2009
              341 meeting...Sept. 22, 2009
              DISCHARGED Nov. 24, 2009 CLOSED Dec. 9, 2009

Comment

I wish they had phone interviews everywhere, I am sooo nervous for my 341 and I have not even filed yet!

Comment

Believe me, a 341 is nothing to be nervous about, unless you are doing something fraudulent. It is a formality that is over inside of about five minutes or less in most cases.
                  Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
                  Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
                  If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

thanks everyone, will update all after Friday.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X