When Will TT Take Assets??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Will TT Take Assets??

My 60 days are up on Sept 16th. I have heard nothing from the trustee regarding taking possession of my non exempt assets which consist of a car (value about $5,000) and a motor home (value about $26,000). These vehicles are paid for and I was declared an asset Chapter 7. I did not have the income for a Chapter 13. Since the fees to the TT are probably in the neighborhool of $4,000 I am surprised she has not contacted our attorney. He told me at the 341 that the trustee would be in touch regarding picking up/delivering the vehicles. I have already purchased back my van as the money was due Sept 15th. Anyone have any input for me? Thanks.

I am surprised you have receive nothing regarding this. You should have been notified that the trustee intended to sell the item, or offered you a compromise price to purchase them back from the BK estate.

You said you bought the van back. Did you pay the trustee for it, thereby buyin int back from the BK estate? Or did you finish paying the loan for it?

What does your attorney say? Do you have a PACER account?
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I bought the van back from the estate. At the 341 my attorney made an offer on my behalf which was accepted later. I received a payment plan, but was able to pay in full thanks to a family member. I have a Pacer account which I check daily. ( 5 days to go on my 60). The only mention of the non exempt assets was regarding the van and the price offered and accepted baring any other offers.

My attorney always responds to my emails quickly, but he invariably tells me to be patient, that these things take time. How can the TT sell the vehicles if she does not take possession????? AT the 341 I also informed her that there was no insurance on the motor home as it was parked on my property and had not been used for a year. (it is paid for, so no requirements for insurance.) This appears to me that the TT is putting the estate non exempt asset at risk. Weird, huh?

Comment

Not really. In this economy a motor home is a bit of a white elephant since it is costly to fill up and maintain.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X