Bankruptcy fraud? Opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bkmaggster View Post
    In the end, isn't trying to get the BK dismissed (apparently the OP's goal) really just going to damage the children involved? The child support will still be owed, but if the case is dismissed the child support will now go to creditors.

I'd say keep your nose out of things which are none of your business, because I think it will bring you more peace.

*shrug*
    I concur

Comment

Originally posted by rlcinjustice View Post
      I'd rather just say I'm an informed 'friend' who's not sure what to do with this information.
      A 'friend' of which side though?
      If you are just a friend (of either side) - what you do is, MYOB
      Its a NON friend who needs to consider 'how best to utilize detrimental information' obtained.

Yes, I have those documents, and a few other interesting files. I'll contact the Trustee tommorow and see what they think (anonymously, w/o case number).
      Why would you do it anonymously unless you are trying to cause trouble - or you are ashamed of what you are doing?

If you feel strongly enough that 'jusice' needs to be served, then take responsibility for your actions and be honest and open with the Trustee - rather than sneaky and underhanded.

Comment

Ugh, this sounds like the ex husband.

I have this very situation but not owed as much child support.

If you didn't pay her child support the six months preceeding their filing, there was no child support to claim as income.

Child support is exempt. My trustee very clearly told me if I was lucky enough to recover some of the 40k in support owed to me it was exempt.

Unless you started paying like you should have been all along, what is owed to her is still exempt.

Only speaking from my experience, but my trustee said had the NCP did what he should have been doing all along, I very well could have avoided filing.

If you are a "friend" with info, I would hate for you to be my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
          This stuck out to me as well....some 'friend' you are.
          Filed 5/29/09
          Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by mamaluv View Post
            What comes around goes around............KARMA.............whatever you want to call it. People get what they have coming always, no matter what. You're better off leaving all this info alone and let whomever did this to themselves get caught on their own..........or let karma take care of them. No one ever gets away with anything. It always comes back to haunt you!

Comment

if it's true that the OP is the person actually owing the child support, then the OP should know that no matter what the couple did, he is not off the hook for paying up.
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

... but anyway, at this point i am not very interested in saying anything more to help this particular OP because he seems to want to do something just to spite these people,
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                if it's true that the OP is the person actually owing the child support, then the OP should know that no matter what the couple did, he is not off the hook for paying up.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Couldn't help yourself, could you?
                A 'friend' of which side though?
                Of course I'm not a friend, the qoutes in 'friend' were obvious.

Why would you do it anonymously unless you are trying to cause trouble - or you are ashamed of what you are doing?

If you feel strongly enough that 'jusice' needs to be served, then take responsibility for your actions and be honest and open with the Trustee - rather than sneaky and underhanded
                Not ashamed at all. Not underhanded at all. Karma Rules!

Honestly, I find yours (and some others), thinkings to be bias and judgemental. I asked for information, not opinions.

My thanks to the other 'non-opininated' and helpful replies.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, Let her rip! (this should be good!)

Comment

I asked for information, not opinions.
                  Then why did you name the title of your thread,

Bankruptcy Fraud? OPINIONS PLEASE.
                  ?

Comment

Touche'

I, Could'a-Should'a, Hah!

Comment

why don't you just tell us what is your connection to this couple?
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09
                      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X