Can TT Revisit Home Exemption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can TT Revisit Home Exemption?

At the time of filing and my 341, the equity in my home did not exceed the mortgage, exemption in my state and costs of sale. The trustee did not question the value set in the petition. The only objection to exemption filed was a precautionary one, asking for statements to prove my IRA(s) were in fact IRA(s). Those statements have been provided, although I see nothing on PACER removing the objection. My attorney says to be patient, that these things take time. Since I am an asset case until the motorhome and car the trustee are taking(they are paid for) are sold and the case closed, my question is, can the trustee revist the value of my home? Values in my neighborhood are on the upswing. My 60 days are up Sept 18th.

Thank you for your input.

Corrected by HHM
    Last edited by Chowder; 09-14-2009, 12:27 PM.
    No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

The value of the home is set at the time the case is filed. So even if prices are increasing (really, could they have possibly gone up, in this market, such that you are on bubble), there is nothing he can do about it.

Comment

Good info.
        No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Thanks HHM. My home dropped over $100,000 in value, and now has apparently recovered about $20,000. That's still a net difference of $80,000. :-( Even so, I was not upside down at the $100,000 loss, am current, and keeping the property.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X