top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where exactly on pacer do I see the discharge info??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where exactly on pacer do I see the discharge info??

Hello,

I'm really confused with pacer. I finally got in and really didn't know where to go.. I went to query and found a little information like the filing date, but where if there WAS a discharge would it be?? I'm 61 days past my 341 meeting and I decided to check this morning..

any and all help appreciated!!

Thanks P

Go to "Status" and/or "History" and that will show your discharge. Also, you don't have to click on anything, the discharge date should be right below your name, case #, etc on the front page
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

status doesn't always show the correct situation.

under query, look at last date of filing. if that's recent, it could be your discharge. in any event, it's your first time so click on "docket report". if there is a discharge, it will be there. if there is no discharge, then next time when you go to query your case, look only at the last date of filing. if there is an update you would see it there. (that way you won't pay just to check).
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Every time I go to Pacer, I alway check and compare the History, Docket, Status and can't think of the other button. Anyway, I always do this...probably running up a big 'ol Pacer bill Funny thing, I've NEVER received a bill from Pacer, I've done tons of searches for other things, no bill...I guess I can go to my biling history and check. I would hate to get a HUGE bill all at once! I thought that once you hit the $10 mark, they send you a bill?!? No?
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

liz, be careful!! they bill once every 3 months! stop clicking!!! no, they won't send you a bill the second you reach $10, it's just that they *won't* send you any bill if you are under $10.

i did a few searches one day, then checked the pacer account. almost had a heart attack when i saw a charge for $3,000. not kidding! turned out it was bogus - it was a search with no parameters entered whatsoever, so it basically gave something like 15,000 pages - which is probably the list of ALL cases ever filed in that district. but of course i never did such a search. anyway, i got in touch with the pacer people and they promised to monitor the account and remove the charge when the time comes.

still your bill could get to $100 easily if you are not careful.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
            liz, be careful!! they bill once every 3 months! stop clicking!!! no, they won't send you a bill the second you reach $10, it's just that they *won't* send you any bill if you are under $10.

i did a few searches one day, then checked the pacer account. almost had a heart attack when i saw a charge for $3,000. not kidding! turned out it was bogus - it was a search with no parameters entered whatsoever, so it basically gave something like 15,000 pages - which is probably the list of ALL cases ever filed in that district. but of course i never did such a search. anyway, i got in touch with the pacer people and they promised to monitor the account and remove the charge when the time comes.

still your bill could get to $100 easily if you are not careful.
            OMG!!!! I think I would have died it I received a bill for $3k!!! Okay, I've been to Pacer since 10/2008...WHERE IS MY BILL??!!!??? I think there's a glitch in the system, should I call them?!? Should I wait and see *if* I get a bill?!?

P.S. I'm stepping away from the "click" button.... Thanks Music!
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

very strange. if you did some searches since 10/2008, you would have passed the $10 mark by the last bill period (ends june 30, i think). maybe you have been more careful than you realize? or did only searches that resulted in a small number of pages?

i think if you log into your account not through any particular court but on pacer's homepage, you can see your activity to date (that's how i found the $3,000 and yes, almost died).

they do have some glitches, obviously the one i had, plus once the system sent me an email saying my credit card had failed and then they send another email apologizing - apparently they had sent a mass email notification of cc failure to everybody. oopse!
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09

Comment

pacer

There must be some sort of glitch with pacer. I just checked mine and it shows 0 pages and 0 owed, which I know for sure is not right as I keep getting the receipts for .08 cents and have downloaded my petition and means test.
                Filed: July 31, 2009
                341: September 4, 2009
                60 days: November 3, 2009
                DISCHARGED!: November 6, 2009

Comment

what's the date on that mama2three? if it has today's date, print it out!! then if they try to charge you for it later, you have proof you owe nothing as of today! funny
                  filed ch7 May 09
                  341 june 09

Comment

Go figure, my shows like $2.40. I mostly login at work, but have only checked status and docket.
                    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                    Discharged: 11/30/2009
                    Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                      very strange. if you did some searches since 10/2008, you would have passed the $10 mark by the last bill period (ends june 30, i think). maybe you have been more careful than you realize? or did only searches that resulted in a small number of pages?

i think if you log into your account not through any particular court but on pacer's homepage, you can see your activity to date (that's how i found the $3,000 and yes, almost died).
                      There was one poster who prior to filing had run up such a PACER bill, several hundred dollars, she actually included PACER as a creditor and got the debt discharged! 'Hub
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

This is the Pacer Main Home Page link:

PACER provides information about accessing and filing federal court records electronically. Find resources for using PACER.

That is where all of your account is, if any. Mine still doesn't show anything.
                        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                        Discharged: 11/30/2009
                        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                          There was one poster who prior to filing had run up such a PACER bill, several hundred dollars, she actually included PACER as a creditor and got the debt discharged! 'Hub
                          that's hilarious! imagine if someone tried to say that the pacer charges were fraudulent!
                          filed ch7 May 09
                          341 june 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X