431 Coming Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

431 Coming Up...

My 341 is on October 13th at 3:00 PM. I am sure it will all come out ok, but I am still scared! Think good thoughts for me please!

Filed 9/9/09
    341 10/13/09

Hoping for the best!
    Filed: 9/9/2009
    341: 10/13, went well!
    Discharged 12/17/2009

You'll do fine...it'll be over before you know it and you'll wonder what you were soooo worried about!!!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Leena, it's a 'piece of cake'. Life is too serious to take it that way. Chill out and all will go well. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Leena, for most people the 341 is easy. If you were honest in your petition then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Besides, it's too early to worry. If you are going to worry about your 341, you only get to worry the night before.

Seriously, the only people who have serious problems at their 341 are people who are lying and hiding things, or people who come unprepared without the necessary supporting documents and answers.

You will not be in either category.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Leena-you will do just fine! I remember my attorney telling me "I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed because it will be so fast". Well, he was right, the only questions we had were, state your name, address, are your petitions correct, is there any new information - Thank you, here's your tax return and good luck!"

We were out in less than a minute.
          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
          Discharged: 11/30/2009
          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Leena - it's true!!! Try not to worry. (It's hard.) You'll be in and out of there and celebrating in no time!!
            Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
            341 Meeting 09/09/09
            Discharged 11/12/09
            Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Leena, You have just under a month until your hearing. If you get yourself worked up now, you will drive yourself crazy about it. So put it out of your mind, and read the threads here to calm your nerves. Most people are nervous about their 341, and MOST will tell you it was all for nothing.

Be honest, but use common sense here and do not get worked up over it this early. It would not be good for you. k?

Read the threads, learn as much as you can and prepare for life after the BK is over. Perhaps work on a budget and be sure to find a way to stash a bit of $$ post BK for a emergency fund. Just put your mind to work at something constructive.

You will be just fine.
              8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
              11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Thinking Positive Thoughts

I was told by my attorney to bring my most recent paystub, ID, proof of SSN, and bank statements that include the date of the filing (which for me is September statements). The attorney has everything else.

I was told I might be asked about my mileage reimbursement and the attorney did a sheet for me on the april-aug period on that, saw no problems and reduced my mileage expense accoringly on my schedule J. I made 990 in payments to one creditor in the 90 days previous to filing, attorney said I might be asked about that but it is not a strike against me, just the trustee confirming in case s/he decided to redistribute that amount among my creditors.

My pay is scheduled to go down about 100 per month in November (return to normal after getting extra for a special project), the attorney said I might be asked about that but need not provide proof, just confirm *if* asked - which he doubts I will be.

I was kinda concerned, because my medical/dental /optical was listed by the attorney at 100 per month and I already have $850 a year taken out of my checks for flex spending account, but the attorney said that given most peoples (mine included!) medical insurance deductibles, the cost of glasses, and the costs of dentistry 2000 a year was more than reasonable according to our district anyway for these expenses.

I am a below median (by about 7 grand), no assets (except a very old and well documented car, totally exempt!) filer. In addition to my current expenses, I have a $617.00 student loan payment kicking in for March 2010 listed for my future expenses, and I have been told by the attorney we are living in student loan friendly land here in this district.

I figured out that if the attorney refused to accept my pay increase as temporary and my medical/dental/optical was discounted and the student loans were thrown out, the trumped up "disposible" income would be only $9,000.00 over 60 months and no where near 25% of the unsecured debt I am filing on, which is 45,000.00 (not including my 55 grand in student loans, of course!!! How about those "fresh starts"?). I would still be well under median income too, if that matters.

SO, the attorney thinks this will be a very simple, in and out deal, because now I barely brake even and after the student loans I would have to look up to see broke. I hope my trustee is sane and he is right!
                Filed: 9/9/2009
                341: 10/13, went well!
                Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

Looks fine. You're totally prepared. Now set that stuff in a a nice neat pile for the morning of your meeting and FORGET ABOUT IT!!!

It's tough, but I agree, focus your energies on something positive now
                  Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                  341 Meeting 09/09/09
                  Discharged 11/12/09
                  Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X