One last car question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last car question

We are doing a ride though on our car (Chrysler), as the judge in our district doesn't sign reaffirmations on cars. But I am not in a state where the car is protected if we keep current. We plan on keeping the car. After our 341 we got the reaffirmation agreement with a nasty letter stating that they would repo the car if we don't sign.

Lawyer told us its just a bluff.

My question is should we call the loan company and tell them we are planning to stay current and didn't sign the reaffirmation because the judge wouldn't? Or should I keep my mouth shut?

I am worried that it will put a big target on my back if we call, but at the same time I would like to know their intentions.

Thanks!

I would call and tell them. Why not? You're just a number, it's not like they can keep track of every little person they do business with. Say it's nothing personal, but your judge won't allow it. I don't see how that could hurt you.
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

They are going to do what they do if you call them or not.

Comment

I say keep your mouth shut. Why draw their attention to your loan? Like the previous poster said, they're going to do what they're going to whether you call or not, so just lay low and hope for the best, IMO.
        filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
        341 meeting 6/4/09
        DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

I had the same thing with Chrysler...very threatening letter. I did not reaffirm and continued to pay while under BK protection. I decided that I did not want to be looking over my shoulder everytime I got out of my car and thought I must do something. BK discharged just 13 days ago and I decided after researching 722 redemption to try to get a new car. I had 3 banks turn me down and my credit union approved me for brand new car! I pick up the car in 2 days and will surrender the Chrysler. The best part is that the new loan will report payments to the credit bureaus and I will be on the way to redeeming my good credit. You would think with all the trouble the car companies had they would be more understanding.....not!
          Filed 5/26/2009
          341 6/26/2009

DISCHARGED 9/2/2009 (Happy Birthday!)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X