Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filed today,pro se

but what a trip...literally...
    we had to file in a different county,and we couldn't figure where to go..
    we went to the wrong courthouse,we parked our car next to the first courthouse,and walked a couple of blocks to the next one,where we found out ,we couldn't have our cell phones with us.so we walked back to our car and drove back to the 2nd courthouse (and in this town ,there are so many one way streets,we got lost.)
    to find out we were in the wrong building again....walked in the rain to the right building.
    the clerk was a bit snippy with us. asking where was my accent from and if I intended to stay in the US.I guess my home country didn't please him,and yes I am a US citizen...
    we had all the paperworks in the right order ,and everything was filled correctly,to his amazement ,I guess..
    And I want to thank everybody on this board,you are really fantastic and very helpful....

so now we wait for the 341 meeting....
    filed chap 7 pro se 09/15/09
    341 meeting 10/19/09 continued
    2nd 341 meeting 11/09/09 concluded
    discharged : 12/21/09 closed :01/08/10

congradulations and good luck. Hope everything goes well. Don't forget to do your debt management program certifications.
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se - 9/5/2009
    341 - 10/26/09
    Discharge - 12/30/09
    Closed - 1/4/10

Comment

Just in case the clerk didn't tell you or you didn't know, pro se filers have the option to be notified electronically (email) when there is activity on your docket. It is free but you need a pacer account. If you only check pacer when there is an email notice, you will never be charged for pacer. Welcome to the club and best wishes for the journey.
      Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

Originally posted by aljohnson007 View Post
        Just in case the clerk didn't tell you or you didn't know, pro se filers have the option to be notified electronically (email) when there is activity on your docket. It is free but you need a pacer account. If you only check pacer when there is an email notice, you will never be charged for pacer. Welcome to the club and best wishes for the journey.

Is it hard to file chapter 13 yourself..I have 150000 unsecured with several properties with no equity.. and 2 cars with about 13000 equity..and one car that we are paying for that is upside down on it..
        The information provided is not and should not be considered legal advice or establish an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by bklawn View Post
          Is it hard to file chapter 13 yourself..I have 150000 unsecured with several properties with no equity.. and 2 cars with about 13000 equity..and one car that we are paying for that is upside down on it..
          Umm this is the Ch 7 forum... there is a Ch 13 forum and a Pro Se forum here also. Best to start your own post for answers to your questions.
          7-2-2009 Filed
          8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
          10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whipster1 View Post
            Umm this is the Ch 7 forum... there is a Ch 13 forum and a Pro Se forum here also. Best to start your own post for answers to your questions.
            thanks
            The information provided is not and should not be considered legal advice or establish an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by aljohnson007 View Post
              thanks,I didn't know that...
              filed chap 7 pro se 09/15/09
              341 meeting 10/19/09 continued
              2nd 341 meeting 11/09/09 concluded
              discharged : 12/21/09 closed :01/08/10

Comment

Yeah!!! Congrats on getting the ball rolling...
                May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

This is a websiite that you can download the form but the same should be available in your district.

Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

Congratulations, good luck on your journey
                    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                    341 Meeting 09/09/09
                    Discharged 11/12/09
                    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Congratulations. It's the first step...
                      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

In Southern California, is it hard to do a pro se chapter 7? I cannot afford a lawyer right now, maybe in 3- 4 mos.
                        File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
                        Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
                        Discharged: Apr 22 2010
                        Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X